Investment Operations Project Support Analyst • Investment Operations
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
Using discretion and judgment, with direction from senior manager, this position coordinates projects, provides day-to-day support for processing and problem solving in connection with the trade settlement and related systems. Documents procedures and workflows, liaises with technical project personnel and business analyst on behalf of the Investment Operations team. The position will manage numerous projects including automation, STP and industry standard updates as directed by the Senior Group Manager. Assists in daily review as needed and recommends improved internal controls, procedures and workflows. Operates as a team with all members of Investment Operations and GIST, to meet group and department productivity goals that allow Investment Operations to meet or exceed client and department expectations.
- Performs analysis of business activities to determine business requirements. Works with investment and operations business users to understand and define needs above and beyond requirements provided by the business. Converts business requirements into functional specifications. Works closely with the Trading Desk, GIST and IT
- Participates in scrum ceremonies (Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospective) and longer term planning exercises (Road Mapping, Release Planning).
- Continually enhances knowledge of systems, products, and industry.
- Provides regular updates to senior and group management and staff regarding projects, workflows, implementations, SCRs.
- Ensures that operating procedures are current and that the team adheres to department standards, as well as client and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors proper internal controls and makes recommendations to senior management for improvement; coordinates and assigns workflow; assures that procedures are documented, current and consistently followed.
- Analyzes problems, recommends solutions and plans for future needs and actions.
- Ensures there is effective and regular communication between Investment Operations and other departments, prepares oral and written presentations to MFS personnel and others upon request.
- Provides trade and operations administration support services as needed for Investment Operations.
- Provides the team with the professional standards required of the position, assists in interpreting new rules, regulations and interpretations as they relate to the unit and recommends training accordingly.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum 5-8 years related experience in Investment Operations
- Ability to maintain professionalism in stressful situations
- A proven team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated strong analytic skills, resourcefulness, problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Comfortable communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."