Lead Java Developer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Portfolio Construction team is responsible for providing mission critical investment workflow applications to Wellington's portfolio management investment team.
Members of the team play critical roles in firm's success by providing proprietary technology solutions, which enable complex investment decision-making. This lead role will use
the software engineering skills to drive development of firm's next generation portfolio construction tools. Keys to this Position:
Technical Stack: The candidate should have strong hands-on skills with core Java, SQL and relational database management systems
- Excellent communication skills and thought leadership
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a larger team in a fast-paced work environment
- Participate in full-cycle software development including development, regression testing, deployment, and production support.
- Provide technical leadership to a development team with responsibility for architecture, design and implementation.
- Lead implementation of business process improvements involving (but not limited to) investment process efficiency, production stability improvements and simplifying investor work flow.
Practical experience in the finance industry:
- At least 7 years of hands-on software development experience.
- Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Practical experience in the finance industry
- Prior experience using cloud technologies, particularly Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Web UI application development using technologies such as React and Typescript
Lead Java Developer JOB FAMILY
Software Engineering LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .