Lead Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 55 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of the proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership, whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Position is in the Trading Data Analytics IT department. The team supports global trading data pipeline, data ingestion, data governance, the data lake, data warehouse, reporting and analytics capabilities for the Trading business function.
Keys to the Position:
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Strong knowledge of Java. Python a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux as a development platform (design, build and deployment). Knowledge of Git and JIRA a plus.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience taking software projects thru the entire SDLC. Knowledge of scrum agile process a plus.
- Financial Securities Trading knowledge is a plus
- Experience with Cloud computing is a plus (AWS preferred)
- Oracle or PostgreSQL RDBMS
- Web services development
- Experience with cloud development and deployment (AWS ideal)
- Prior IT experience at Wellington Management Company
- Experience developing with Python
- Experience with Kafka
- Knowledge of Jasper or Tableau Reporting is a plus
The project is to support, enhance and develop datasets for Trading data reporting and analysis. This position is responsible for software development including design, coding, unit testing, systems analysis, developer documentation, release deployment and supporting production issues. The lead position is responsible to lead architecture design discussion, and make sure the engineering team are following proper code review and control process, and meeting the best practice defined by the firm and observed in the industry.
- Technical design, implementation, and unit testing
- Partner with Business Analyst and Application Architect to review and implement business requirements
- Partner with Project Managers on estimates, statuses, identifying issues and raising risks
- Technical Lead for Trading Data Analytics Platform
- Lead the delivery of high quality business solutions using the latest technologies
- Participate in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support efforts
- Work with business team, project managers, analysts and/or other software engineers to review business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
- Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for performance
- Ensure the adherence to established code-quality standards within the development and QA teams, such as Continuous Integration, Code Reviews, and all required release documentation
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships and help guide the team in setting priorities for completion of requests or resolution of issues.
- Work across various IT teams to coordinate and facilitate infrastructure upgrades, disaster recovery testing, and cross-functional projects
- Author architecture, technical design, and support documentation
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with solid accomplishments
- Familiarity with web applications and services using REST, HTML5, CSS, and modern UI frameworks such as Angular and React
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality solutions previously
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail, self-discipline and passion to drive and innovate
- Must be comfortable with test-driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies using tools like GIT, Artifactory, and Jenkins.
- Experience operating in a DevOps environment application with cloud technologies such as AWS, is a plus.
- Be willing and able to work both independently and as part of a team, in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical environment.
- Strategic mindset; strong work ethic
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, engineering, math, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Financial Industry is preferred
Lead Software Engineer LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .