Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
As a member of the Americas Capital Markets Legal Team, the Legal Associate will work closely with a team of other Legal Associates and Counsel to provide legal and regulatory support for the firm's portfolio management, research and trading activities.
The primary responsibilities of this role include, among others:
- Develop expertise, provide guidance to, and collaborate with investment, trading, and operational colleagues to facilitate client participation in a range of private and/or public investments
- Synthesize and organize information and create reference tools for the team
- Support and enhance practices surrounding private placement investments including deal pipeline management.
- Review and negotiate, or oversee external providers assisting with negotiations, of confidentiality agreements and other documentation related to related to investment transactions
- Lead or contribute to projects focused on enhancing contract playbooks, existing team practices, and building out new capabilities for legal and regulatory support of the firm's investment activities
- Assist with components of the firm's controls around material, non-public information
- Collaborate with colleagues located in Boston, London and Hong Kong to carry out, maintain and enhance team processes, record keeping and reference tools
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with and instill confidence in colleagues, clients, and service providers at various levels of seniority
- A self-starter and strategic thinker comfortable taking ownership and applying judgment and capable of recognizing issues that require escalation
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage fast-paced workflows and competing priorities in a sometimes high pressure environment
- A team-oriented approach to completing assignments and a willingness to provide support to other teams during peak periods
- Flexibility to adapt to the evolving needs of the team and a desire to develop new skills, assume additional responsibilities, and step out of your comfort zone
- Overall comfort with data and systems with proficiency in Excel and the ability to learn various internal and external systems and databases that support the Legal and Compliance Group
- 3-5 years prior experience working in a compliance, legal and/or regulatory role at an asset manager, and a working knowledge of global capital markets, preferred
Legal Associate LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .