Manager - Partner Relationships and Metrics Reporting
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Manager - Partner Relationships and Metrics Reporting will focus on Technology Partner Delivery Planning (costing, contracts, and strategy), ongoing partner relationship monitoring/management, and is responsible for the capture and publication of Global Technology and Investment Operations (GTIO) program/project metrics and financials. You will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of resources to support key deliverables such as Scorecards, Annual Planning and Dashboards to highlight areas to monitor and focus. You will also manage and oversee MFS Investment Management's strategic global technology partners engaged to provide flexibility and scalability to our full-time information technology staff.
The Technology Partner Management Services are provided to different areas across GTIO (Global Development, Strategic Investments and Distribution Initiatives, and other groups as needed). Major focus areas include collaborating with key stakeholders and senior management to establish/monitor technology vendor service level agreements, tracking performance metrics, issue tracking/remediation, customer service expectations and associated standards to ensure performance aligns with strategic goals.
- Work with Technology Operations, Risk and Delivery personnel to implement and refine a customized IT Vendor oversight governance framework including the necessary processes and roles and responsibilities to effectively manage external vendor relationships.
- Act as an internal change agent for adopting best practices in using IT service providers. Conduct industry research on new sourcing model for IT Services and continue to strengthen contractual models.
- Lead the GTIO annual planning process and provide Project Financials tracking across all GTIO Projects and Programs. Directly own the project financial data gathering and reporting process in partnership with Corporate Finance.
- Develop key collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and vendor's leadership/account team to promote effective vendor performance, service delivery and ongoing relationships. Partnership with Finance and key GTIO stakeholders to understand needs while delivering and focusing on continuous process improvement.
- In partnership with stakeholders across MFS, define, develop and report a standard set of Project, Program metrics that highlight trends, challenges, and progress. Track supplier performance through standard scorecards/KPIs to ensure IT suppliers are held accountable to quality, efficiency and cost effective delivery of services. Track supplier volumes and ensuring billing and true-ups are in alignment with agreed terms. Evolve metrics and reports as new needs emerge.
- Oversee and manage resources and associated deliverables. Direct management responsibilities of employees, co-ops, and contractors including cross-functional resources.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for vendor onboarding, knowledge management transition and receiving and resolving escalations around issues and concerns related to assigned vendors. Integrate the IT Vendor oversight governance framework with MFS Vendor management practices with appropriate SLAs developed or updated. Proactively plan for operational impacts on vendor and partners with internal business stakeholders and vendor to ensure successful performance management.
- Work closely with MFS Legal team in reviewing IT Services contract to make sure MFS interests are protected. On a need basis, work with MFS business and IT teams to define the scope for RFPs, drive partner selection and facilitate the contract process.
- Based on overall MFS IT Strategy, collaborate with IT leaders and managers to facilitate thought leadership sessions with the partners.
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of experience in IT or business management with 5+ years of experience in IT vendor/supplier management including contract management and negotiations. Experience in a Global Procurement organization, Delivery/Consulting Organization, and/or asset management industry preferred. Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with metrics development, reporting and analysis required. Experience with Project Management and Software Development Life-cycle methodologies preferred.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication and ability to communicate and present to senior level stakeholders (Business and Technology)
- Proven experience leading teams and experience in managing third party vendors in a global, managed services environment with demonstrated experience collaborating with external and internal partners.
- Strong facilitation, coordination and collaboration skills. Ability to work across multiple groups and geographies to solve problems, make continuous improvements and avoid service level risk. Ability to work with, influence and create alignment between teams (IT and off-shore and near- shore providers).
- High degree of proficiency with key tools such as PowerPoint and Excel to facilitate advanced analytics.
- Experience in ITIL service management processes, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodology skills preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in financial or data analysis a strong plus.
- Strong analytical skills required. Proven experience working with large volumes of data (especially financial data) to interpret and report results; proven experience representing data results via visual solutions that resonate across audiences. General understanding of basic accounting.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."