Managing Director, Global Head of Public Relations
Global Head of Public Relations, Managing Director
State Street is looking for a Global Head of Public Relations to join its Global Marketing team. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with experience in financial services, excellent client relationship skills and a passion for media relations. Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and cultivate strong relationships across teams and stakeholders. Strong writing skills required. Why this role is important to us
Public and media relations play an integral role in managing and protecting the reputation of the company. As a member of the Global Marketing team, it is an opportunity to help shape our key messages to external audiences and manage the media relations program for one the leading global financial services companies. What you will be responsible for
As the Global Head of Public Relations you will
What we value
- Provide strategic direction and management of global PR and social media programs and teams
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local and national press across trades and broadcast
- Manage global PR agency network across North America, EMEA and APAC
- Act as spokesperson for inbound media inquiries and reputation management issues
- Cultivate relationships with internal stakeholders including key executive management team, business group leaders, spokespeople and other Global Marketing team colleagues
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Deep media relations expertise and a love of news;
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills and the ability to understand complex information and communicate it in simple terms to various audiences;
- Proven track record of collaborating with colleagues in different teams and across geographies;
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and clients with changing priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic, deadline-driven, high stakes environment;
- Professional, calm under pressure and client service oriented;
- Detail-oriented, advanced writing skills, and the ability to communicate across all levels.
About State Street What we do.
- 10+ years of experience in media relations and communications
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers