National Consulting Marketing Leader
46720 ApplyButton Widget Job Field Widget
The National Consulting / Industry Marketing Leader is a member of an IMC team of colleagues that are aligned, tightly connected to the business strategy, operates as a unified face to the practice and has a collective focus on driving brand and issues relevance, building communities and driving growth for the Consulting practice, including developing programs to leverage.
Driven by a strong understanding of RSM’s business and growth objectives, oversees the development and implementation of national consulting marketing strategy to increase brand relevance through the marketing of solutions tied to middle market issues and client needs:
- Agrees on overall marketing strategy for the consulting practice, inclusive of thought leadership and issues and services focus
- Oversees packaging of programs for local office use and deployment and ensures communication of national consulting programs throughout the IMC organization to relevant audiences; provides forum for discussion of local business changes; share results of programming
- Collaborates with National Marketing Leader to establish the LOB (Line of Business) or industry thought leadership plan and ensures alignment with firm wide thought leadership strategy; oversees incorporation into national and industry plans and execution by team’s marketers
- Ensures marketing strategies and plans include measurable performance goals in alignment with business objectives; in collaboration with team, identifies, evaluates, measures and communicates quantitative and qualitative results that demonstrate marketing’s impact; demonstrates flexibility and continuous improvement to adapt strategies to increase business impact. Understands and leverages data analytics across CRM, web, and other platforms to measure and improve performance
- Collaborates with sales leadership on program development to increase program effectiveness and drive growth including transition of leads to the demand generation and sales teams; establishes key metrics (KPIs), reports results, and works together to optimize program performance
- Partners with digital marketing and audience acceleration team to co-develop digital marketing strategies; prioritizes and promotes competency in digital marketing across marketing team, including application of digital marketing channels, techniques and best practices; ensures understanding of digital marketing metrics and analytics to achieve and continuously improve performance
- Oversees and may own relationship management and optimization with key associations and strategic vendors; provides oversight of national sponsorships where relevant
- Maintains awareness and is knowledgeable of upcoming regulatory changes; in partnership with IMC colleague develops strategy for capitalizing on opportunity; oversees development of marketing plan; ensures team members(if applicable) receive appropriate communication of topic and plans; maintains ongoing connection with respective leaders on plan development and deployment (i.e. Tax Reform, GDPR, Lease Accounting, Wayfair, Tariffs)
- Is a strategic advisor to the leaders of assigned responsibility areas; participates in the national consulting leadership team, and proactively advises on all marketing related topics; collaborates with leaders to understand business strategies, areas of business expansion and innovation, and advises on strategies that drive growth, awareness and achievement of business goals
- Serves as a member of IMC extended leadership team to help shape the firm’s marketing and growth strategy.
Writes and owns the LOB marketing plan and budget annually. Ensures the budget is aligned with business priorities, and proactively manages and monitors effective use of budget. Responsible for achieving forecast.
- Takes an active role in team member career development and performance. Motivates and develops a high performing, team oriented group of marketing professionals that work toward achieving shared IMC goals.
- Deeply understands the business strategy and proactively brings forward a point of view to leadership
- Ability to influence stakeholders, colleagues and teams
- Understands and is capable of working optimally within and driving value from a shared service environment
- Empowers and motivates team members
- Collaborates across the IMC organization to operate in natural work teams across industries, solutions, and geographies.
- Bachelor’s degree with proven experience
- Understanding of key industries that are core target markets of the firm
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience with a preference for experience in a large professional services or similar organization with proven abilities to collect, synthesize and manage market/client data, and develop and implement direct marketing, advertising, PR, social media, branding and internet marketing initiatives
- Must exhibit an exceptional client service attitude, possess outstanding people skills and take a proactive approach in working with employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate, and deliver tough prescriptive messages
- Demonstrated skills in diagnostics, analytics, coordination, collaboration and planning
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously
- Seeks ongoing improvement by systematically performing gap analyses, and factoring learning into counter-measures for all areas of responsibility
- Proven experience leading, managing and coaching a team of marketing professionals
- Highly collaborative and able to work within and through a team to achieve stated goals
- Ability to initiate and lead crucial conversations and influence strategies and decisions of stakeholders and colleagues
- Consistently sought out for advice by leadership, business stakeholders and colleagues
- Thorough understanding of various marketing channels and relevancy to achieve stated goals
- Proven experience working in a complex, matrixed environment
- Proven experience collaborating with sales to drive demand and growth
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Text/HTML Job ID: Job Field Widget
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
req15212 Text/HTML Line of Business: Job Field Widget
Internal Client Service Text/HTML SubFunction: Job Field Widget
Marketing and Communications Text/HTML Job Type: Job Field Widget
FullTime Text/HTML Req #: Job Field Widget
req15212 Text/HTML Location: Job Field Widget
Boston, MA US Text/HTML Region: Job Field Widget
National Text/HTML Job Category: Job Field Widget
Marketing Text/HTML Employment Type: Job Field Widget
Experienced Text/HTML Degree Required: Job Field Widget
Bachelor Text/HTML Travel: Job Field Widget
Yes ApplyButton Widget Social Sharing