- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Quantitative Investment Group seeks to add a Quantitative Analyst to its team. The position will be based in Boston and report to the Co-Director of the Quantitative Investment Group. The group currently manages approximately $10 billion in equity and derivative assets across global markets in both long-only and absolute return strategies.
This position is focused on supporting, enhancing and leveraging the state-of-the-art software infrastructure which comprises one of the key competitive advantages of the investment platform. This large, complex object-oriented software platform critically enables both the research efforts and portfolio management activities of the team, as well as select other investment teams within Wellington. This analyst will be focused on enhancing the software development lifecycle, improving the accessibility and robustness of the platform, helping design and implement new functionality (both systems infrastructure and quantitative finance business logic), and extending the technology to support grid computing and a machine learning pipeline. Over time, the analyst will also assist senior analysts in the computational aspects of certain research projects and new investment models.
Ideal candidates will have:
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering/Computer science or closely related field
- 3+ years of software development experience in C#, or alternately one or more of Java, C++ or Scala
- Experience with the .NET environment
- Experience working with large object-oriented software systems and modern software engineering best practices
- Some experience with high performance computing (systems programming, grid computing, Monte Carlo simulations, etc.)
- Proficiency in mathematics and statistics, including linear algebra, probability theory, and statistical inference
- Meticulous and methodical work style, with attention to iterative refinement, process optimization, and codification of best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of equity investment theory and practice, and the field of quantitative finance
- Self-motivated with ability to work given limited direction
Investment Management (IM)
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .