Senior Business Systems Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description BASIC PURPOSE:
Using discretion and judgment, the Senior Business Systems Analyst helps develop systems technology projects that address the business needs of the equity, quant and fixed income departments as well as the front, middle and back office areas that support the investment process at MFS. They independently meet with project stakeholders and business partners at all levels of the organization to elicit and gather business requirements. They develop and maintain formal specifications that clearly outline the key requirements. The Senior Business Systems Analyst collaborates with Program and Scrum Master, Enterprise Architecture (EA), Enterprise Information Management (EIM), external vendors and internal IT resources to develop, test, and deploy investment technology solutions. The Senior Business Systems Analyst follows the MFS system-development life cycle while working to release projects and maintenance items for the benefit of our clients and internal business partners. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as primary point of contact for business users and other technology teams to provide support for business processes and enhancements to different functions in the MFS implementation of Eagle. Leverage understanding of system and business processes to take ownership of questions or problems that the business may raise to determine solutions.
- Performs analysis of business activities to determine business requirements. Works with investment and operations business users to understand and define needs above and beyond requirements provided by the business. Converts business requirements into functional specifications. Works closely with the Scrum Masters, business users, QA, developers, and other technology professionals to ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Acts as the primary liaison between business stakeholders and the technology organization to ensure proper implementation of requirements within the expected timetable. Communicates any material modifications of business requirements to business stakeholders.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and an understanding of investment and operations systems and industry requirements.
- Ensures proper data processing through the use of data checks and reports to facilitate error free business processes.
- Collaborates with the QA team in developing high level test plans. Reviews test cases developed by the QA team. Works with automated testing team when needed for performance/load testing as well as automated regression testing.
- Works to ensure a positive end product for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new software. Creates and maintains proper training materials and business documentation.
- Follow the MFS Software Development Lifecycle in the Agile Framework, ensuring that all steps of the process have been followed prior to releasing any code.
- Provides application and production support as needed for the investment departments and systems.
- Mentors and advises less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Provides input into the strategic planning of the departments initiatives and resources.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a business or technology related field.
- Minimum of seven to ten years' experience in the financial services industry, working with or supporting middle and/or back office operations in investment data management or fund accounting environment.
- Strong technical skills including a solid understanding of SQL, PL/SQL with a focus on Eagle STAR, PACE and their respective data models.
- Experience with Eagle utilities such as Message/Automation Center, Web Panel Designer and STAR processing knowledge is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to efficiently utilize resources and communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Project management skills, proven analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- An in-depth understanding of systems development lifecycle. Ability to perform detailed analysis on these systems at all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future state business environment.
- Proven ability to develop and implement creative work arounds and solutions to meet business needs.
- Strength in providing application and production support as needed to various business and systems teams.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."