Senior (Desktop) Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our evolving and expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will also build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated and well-managed technology platform built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We are focused solely on creating the best-in-breed tools used by our investors to conduct research and build portfolios. We build a seamless and cohesive platform across all asset classes. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
At Wellington Management you will continually learn, develop, and expand your skills. As part of an inclusive culture, you will meet smart, progressive individuals who will challenge you to solve problems, anticipate our clients' needs, and enhance our proprietary systems and platforms. We are seeking a Senior Desktop Engineer
(Architect) with 5, or more, years of experience in Desktop Architecture to join the Workplace Technology Architecture Team. This role will provide global technical expertise and design technology solutions for Wellington's End-User community.
• Works with Wellington's leadership to define and enforce the End-User Architectural Standards and identifying areas for improvement.
• Assist in the overall design, installation and integration of End-User facing solutions throughout the enterprise.
• Follow technology and market trends on new and existing technologies that could best serve the needs of Wellington's users.
• Analyze business cases for upgrading existing infrastructure technologies or in implementing new infrastructure solutions.
• Oversee the review and design of technical architecture for complex multi-platform solutions.
• Collaborate with vendors and other Wellington colleagues to perform technical evaluations and proof-of-concepts,
• Leverage automation (scripts/schedule tasks) to simplify repetitive tasks and enhance problem solving efforts.
• Train other IT professionals (Tier 1 and Tier 2) on the developed solutions and expected impact.
• Create clear and concise documentation for both the high-level technical staff and lower tier support teams to utilize.
• Possess wide reaching knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies in the industry.
• Understand infrastructure security best-practices such as zero-trust, least-access, MFA, etc.
• Comprehensive practice in implementing and troubleshooting using the OSI networking model.
• Experience in implementing and managing enterprise configuration management tools such as SCCM, Intune and Ivanti.
• Have expert level familiarity with building and customizing Windows, Mac iOS, and Thin (iGel/Wise) images.
• Hands-on experience in building and managing virtual environments from vendors like VMware and Citrix.
• Exposure to Cloud based technologies such as Azure and AWS.
• Leverages monitoring tools such as Splunk, VRops, ContolUp to shorten IT reaction times and enhance the user experience.
• High level of technical expertise with Microsoft products such as Office 365, Teams and Active Directory.
• Understand ITIL best practices and processes and Project Management Methodology (PMM) fundamentals.
• Demonstrated skill in solving problems with coding languages such as Powershell, VBscript, or Python.
• Knowledge of post-implementation environments and ability to follow through on "Day 2" to ensure infrastructure stability.
• Written and oral communication skills appropriate for the position include:
o The ability to speak with clarity on technical issues in various professional settings.
o Tailoring the message to the audience - convey complex technical concepts down to a level listeners can understand.
o Provide persuasive feedback regarding best approach to resolving systemic and singular problems (may include communication via telephone, in person, presenting to large groups, etc.).
• Ability to write complex documents (may include policies, procedures and/or presentations).
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction or oversight. Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications?
Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60%
of the criteria. Yet, women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply.
We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Senior (Desktop) Software Engineer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .