Senior IT Auditor
- Strong Total Comp Package USD
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- MFS Investment Management
- 15 Sep 18 2018-09-15
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters – to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
Plan and conduct Information Technology (IT) audits in accordance with professional auditing standards and MFS Internal Audit department policies and procedures. Support operational auditors with appropriate IT expertise in the performance of operational audits. Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls and information technology policies and procedures. Develops audit findings and recommendations for improving controls and operational efficiency. Performs special projects at the request of internal audit management.
Under the general guidance of the IT Audit Manager, the Senior IT Auditor will plan and conduct Information Technology (IT) audits in accordance with professional auditing standards and MFS Internal Audit department policies and procedures. Specifically, the Senior IT Auditor will:
• Survey auditable areas to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of IT internal controls.
• Determine the scope/focus of the audit and develop an appropriate IT audit plan.
• Determine required time and resources necessary to complete the IT audit.
• Responsible for completing all phases of the IT audit including planning, risk assessment, testing, and report writing.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of controls through the application of knowledge of technical and business processes and internal control systems.
• Perform the audit in a professional manner and in accordance with the approved audit plan.
• Performs special projects at the request of internal audit management.
• Obtains, analyzes, and appraises evidentiary matter as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of IT controls and the efficiency of the activities being reviewed.
• Directs, counsels, and instructs staff assistants assigned to the audit, and reviews their work for sufficiency of scope and quality.
• Makes oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the audit, discussing control issues and corrective action to improve operations.
• Prepares formal written reports, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of IT internal controls.
• Appraises the adequacy of the corrective action taken.
• 3+ years of combined internal/external IT audit experience or IT controls/risk management.
• An undergraduate college degree related to information technology, business, accounting or finance.
• Ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the company, both orally and in writing.
• Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.
• CISA, CISSP, CPA, CIA or other applicable professional designation is preferred.
• Prior investment management industry experience is preferred.
• Experience auditing most of the following technologies is a plus: NT/2000, UNIX, routers, firewalls, Oracle and SQL Server.