Senior Software Engineer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Mosaic Investment Science IT team is responsible for providing the technology platform for the Investment Science division of WMC. The Investment Science team is charged with providing tailored multi-asset class investment products to our various clients by leveraging a mix of fundamental, quantitative, and risk management techniques.
The Mosaic Investment Science IT team has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer to create, maintain, and provide technical oversight of various applications and processes in support of the investment, research, and reporting needs of the business, such as:
- New asset allocation, investment strategies, and factor research platform
- Integration of internal and third party data and analytics
- State-of-the art data visualization tools
The individual will work closely with various teams in both IT and the investment team to ensure successful delivery of high quality business-critical solutions.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Software Engineer/Programmer to join a strong, collaborative technology team with a high degree of interaction with investment professional end users. Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with investors and analysts to gather requirements and design creative, scalable successful deliverables.
- Overseeing and directly contributing to agile builds and deployments to production, and providing basic operational support.
- Being an adaptable, self-motivated learner with a willingness to take ownership of various projects to ensure they are successful in a fast moving environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject
- 7+ years of relevant systems analysis and/or development experience in investment management or financial services industry
- Familiarity with SQL and RDBMS technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern software development and test methodologies including experience on GIT and Jenkins CI.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to work both collaboratively and independently based on the task, in a fast-paced business critical environment.
- Must be comfortable with test-driven, Agile development
- Strong work ethic
- Strategic mindset
- Creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- High attention to detail and strong commitment to delivering quality, professional work
- Self-initiative and ability and interest to learn independently and from peers
- Nice to Haves:
- Experience in packaging and distributing Python packages is a big plus
- Familiarity with AWS cloud technologies
- Familiarity with Python package
- Experience working with data visualization tools like Spotfire and Tableau
Senior Software Engineer JOB FAMILY
Software Engineering LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .