Sr. Full Stack Developer - Boston
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- The Resource Collaborative
- 04 Jun 18 2018-06-04
Our client is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$892 billion in assets under management as of 30 September 2014, they serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Their innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies.
The Portfolio Services team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help develop and advance the Investment toolsets. In addition to working in a dynamic team that is well known for its attention to detail and excellent delivery record, this role will require close interactions with Engineering teams from other business units, Business Analysts, Enterprise Architects and Infrastructure teams across the IT department.
This position requires proficiency and experience in Software development using Java based technologies - front to back end. While prior business knowledge is not mandatory, any experience in the financial services industry will be a plus.
Here are the team's Objectives for 2018:
- Provide Portfolio Services team with an efficient Workflow to monitor data exceptions & anomalies.
- Provide the Portfolio Services team a Workflow based tool that will replace manual checks & tasks related to portfolio operations.
- Provide Investors and Portfolio Services team with an efficient way of accessing the data with self service capabilities.
- Provide tools that generate and deliver alerts in a manner that attracts immediate attention & is not lost in email.
- Work closely with Portfolio Engineering and Business Analyst teams to develop new and enhance the existing Investment Tools.
- Work independently with one or more Business Analysts and team of Consultants to deliver business solutions.
- Partner with in-house application and data architects while implementing systems requirements.
- 8+ years as a Software Developer supporting large application development life cycles.
- Strong understanding & experience implementing REST web services in Java is required.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in design and development using Java based technologies.
- In depth knowledge and experience of the Spring Framework – nice to have.
- Experience building performance (Speed & Accuracy) critical applications required.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Experience with Oracle, especially PL/SQL is a plus.
- Experience with elasticsearch is a big plus.
- Must be comfortable with test driven development and Continuous Integration (JUnit, Jenkins CI, Code Coverage).
- Experience with event based systems, real time data pipeline and streaming is a big plus.
- Experience with AWS is a must.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline (Master's Degree is Preferred).