Product Specialist, Charles River Development, Officer
Who we are looking for
We are currently looking for a Product Specialist/QA Engineer to perform requirements and testing of areas of the Charles River product. Under the general direction of the Quality Assurance Manager the Product Specialist/QA engineer will write, script, and execute manual and automated test plans for the new Charles River product. In this capacity, the Product Specialist/QA engineer, will act as an essential link in the project development lifecycle and will work closely with the Project Manager, QA Manager, developers, Business Analysts and other project team members. We employ 200+ of the top developers and QA professionals in the industry so this is an opportunity to work with a very senior team in a fast paced environment.
Successful candidates will demonstrate career commitment to testing and/or quality assurance. The candidate should show familiarity with test approaches and best practices. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Product Specialist you will
What we value
- Create comprehensive test plans with well defined, reusable test cases from business requirements and functional specifications documents.
- Execute software testing to include functional testing, system testing, regression testing, and performance testing.
- Record and maintain automated test script libraries for functional regression testing for assigned applications.
- Document software defects in an issues tracking system and proactively communicate issues with developers and other project team members.
- Participate in business requirements and functional specifications reviews early in the software development lifecycle process.
- Manages scheduling to ensure efficient and effective product testing; identifies and reports risks to project schedule and product quality and proposes new methods to control and/or mitigate risks.
- Generate effective status and progress reports to the QA Manager and project team members.
- Provide testing leadership for the projects in which he or she is assigned to.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Experience with financial software testing is highly preferred .
- Experience in knowledge of industry standard best practices as related to software testing.
- Experience in all phases of software application design, development and testing.
- Experience in creating test cases, scripts, use of automated test tools, testing client/server applications.
- Ability to translate from business requirements to technical testing solutions.
- Experience with full cycle testing including functional testing, system testing, integration testing, performance and stress testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid SQL/Database skills with some Data Warehouse and Data Mart experience.
- Strong partnership and relationship building skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelors' or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Successful candidate will have an aggregate of 0-4 years experience in software testing in a process driven technology environment. Recent experience must include hands-on testing.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: Charles River Developmen