Quality Assurance VP
What we are looking for:
Candidate to work as a member of a Scrum team leading the overall quality planning and execution for one of Charles River's products. Provide quality assurance leadership within current team. Provide support and assistance to customers and other teams within Charles River. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Work closely with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, developers, business analysts and other project team members to assist in carrying out the software quality responsibilities of the Scrum team
- Create comprehensive test plans with well defined, reusable test cases from business requirements and functional specifications documents
- Ensure proper test coverage exists for all functional areas by categorizing the team's functional test coverage and driving them to close gaps
- Independently plan and execute manual and automated functional, integration, regression, and performance tests
- Effectively demonstrate the product module to the Scrum team, internal stakeholders, and management
- Define the testing strategy for the Scrum team and work to continually improve the overall quality assessment processes thorough the adoption of new methods and tools
- Independently create and maintain automated and manual test script libraries for functional regression testing for assigned applications
- Document software defects in the issue tracking system and proactively communicate issues with developers and other project team members
- Provide testing leadership by identifying opportunities for improvement in the Scrum team's QA methodology
- Manage scheduling to ensure efficient and effective product testing; identify risks to project schedule and product quality and proposes new methods to mitigate risks
- Actively participate in the Agile software development process by adhering to the CRD Scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Plan and participate group testing activities to increase the value of integration testing
- Guide and mentor junior staff in proper creation and planning of test processes
About State Street: What we do.
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study or Business with an MIS background. MS degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in software testing in a process driven technology environment
- Demonstrated experience using test cases, scripts, and automated test tools for verifying requirements on multi-tier applications
- Demonstrated ability translating business requirements into comprehensive functional and technical test plans
- Knowledgeable in 2 or more CRD functional areas strongly desired
- A minimum of 5 years working with an Agile development methodology strongly desired
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technical testing solutions
- Expert in CRD products for functionally assigned area and broad understanding of other product areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: Charles River Development