Application Developer - Middleware/Java, Officer
As Senior Developer, Officer and a member of the Alpha, GX, IMS Technology (iSVCS) team at State Street the successful candidate:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Responsible for Application Design, Development and Resiliency for Enterprise iSVCS Frameworks.
- This mid-level technology position manages a team of developers, plays an influential role for improving software design, quality and improving associate talent, commitment and morale.
- will have the exciting opportunity to contribute and grow within a diverse team of integration architects, developers, and technologist in one of the hottest areas in the market.
- He or she will have the responsibility to develop hands on integration solutions and services using premier technology platforms like Kafka, workflow engines, micro services, cloud native programming within monolith as well as distributed Micro-services architecture.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Developing hands on iSVCS integration solutions and services.
- Evangelizing iSVCS service offerings with our various businesses, other IT areas and our clients.
- Continuously improve the Application Development and support processes
- Identify and complete opportunities for automation
- Improve internal development and support processes
- Meet or exceed commitments to customers
- Foster a service attitude
- Partner with technology senior colleagues to ensure reliable, efficient daily operating capabilities.
- Ensure Application Development initiatives are well managed and deliver on expectations re functionality, timeliness, and cost.
- Promote agile application development where appropriate.
- Cultivate technical talent to deliver results and support future growth
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Full stack Java developer.
- 5+ years of hands on experience in Java and enterprise messaging development like IBM MQ & Kafka.
- Experience with UI technology , ReactJS & JQuery.
- The candidate needs to demonstrate a strong level of competence in Results Focus, Business Acumen and Curiosity and Technology Level Influence/Teamwork
- Experience with or knowledge of Kafka, Kafka Streams, workflow engines, micro services and cloud native programming, Spring boot, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with UNIX and shell scripting.
- Experience of different transmission protocols including but not limited to SFTP, FTS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web Services, REST endpoints, WebSockets, NDM etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of vendor products like Secure Transport, Fix Engine, SWIFT Alliance Access/Gateway, Connect Direct NDM, etc. a plus.
- Experience with or knowledge of SWIFT (ISO15022, ISO20022), FpML, FIX, and other industry standards is a plus.
- Experience with or knowledge of Kafka and Kafka Streams a plus.
Experience in or knowledge of Agile or Industrialized Agile a plus.