Head of Data Architecture, MD
Who we are looking for
Key contributor to work within our Enterprise Architecture team to help drive the future state of State Streets' data technology direction. We are looking for a candidate that has strong communication skills as well as strong technical skills in the latest database technologies including Snowflake, Databricks and Postgress. What you will be responsible for
As Head of Data Architecture you will
What we value
- Work towards Improving the architecture by tracking emerging data technologies; evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Recommendations to strategic plans and reviews for data platforms across the organization; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production and quality standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Setup Architecture and Design guidelines for Data platforms for multi-country roll-outs
- Should have good practical Cloud experience
- Develop and Define Architecture Standards
- Develop and Define Application Architecture Standards
- Provide vision, problem anticipation, and problem-solving ability to customer
- Work collaboratively with the development team, technical lead, and business analyst to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation, including both core and supporting systems.
- Coach and train project team members on Software Development processes and best practices.
- Assists in technology selection decisions; manage technology risk for the project team
- Works with Infrastructure partners to set up development, testing, and production environments
- Works with the Functional Architect to ensure that non-functional requirement are complete and appropriate
- Ensures physical data model supports the performance, privacy, and security requirements
- Designs Frameworks that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- Proposes solutions that satisfy performance requirements; ensures test strategy validates performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Recommends and promotes technical solutions that are consistent with corporate standards
- Develops and maintains system documentation
- Effectively communicate and coordinate across multiple technical disciplines such as database, object-oriented, and Web Front end
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 10-12 years of experience in Architecting, Designing, Developing the applications/product using Java/J2EE in the Banking domain
- Strong experience with Databricks, Snowflake and strong experience of the moving data across platforms
- Rich Experience in application, integration, and data architecture
- Extensive experience in Python, Spring Batch, Spring MVC, Hibernate, EJB, Webservices, and Oracle
- Experience in Message Queues: JMS-MQ, JMS-MDB, MQs
- Working knowledge of Unix, Linux, and AIX
- Should have worked in Eclipse, JUnit, Ant, Ansible
- Nice to have design-related experience in BPM platforms
- Experience in designing the platforms targeted for multi-country roll-outs
- Experience in Estimation and Proof Of Concept for New Technical area
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Should have rich experience in providing technical guidance to Leads and perform technical Reviews
- Should possess good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Should have strong client management and interaction experience with Senior Management
- Ability to effectively manage teams
- Ability to work independently
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive new initiatives
Why this role is important to us
- 4 year degree
- 12+ years experience working on complex problems
- Financial experience a strong plus
- Knowledge of Snowflake, Databricks, Postgress and data ingestion tooling
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers