Middle Office Trade Settlements Manager
In this role, you will work with State Street teams from around the globe to support premier investment management clients. You will have immediate responsibility to oversee all day-to-day transactional responsibilities in a fast-paced, flexible and exciting environment.
You will be the first line of defense in surfacing any potentially risky activity and will work collaboratively with your team members to ensure data accuracy. Join this growing high-visibility team focused on building innovative solutions to revolutionize how State Street services our customers. Responsibilities
- Trade Settlement Resolution/ Fail monitoring
- Experience working with Brokers and Custodians to resolve fail trades
- Identify and resolve the root cause of all issues
- Continually seek best practice for current processes and procedures
- Be knowledgeable of all systems and their downstream effects with a focus on maintaining standards
- Seek automation when possible and continuously look to improve upon existing processes
- Acts as a resource within the assigned business unit to problem-solve for complex issues with clients, counterparties and other internal teams
- Responds to inquiries from clients, custodians and brokers to ensure timely effective processing of requests
- Prepares, completes, and reviews standard client reporting
- Performs transaction processing tasks within the business unit as necessary to support processing routines
- Consults with peers to optimize the operating model
- Oversees and trains cross-cultural team daily processing
- 1+ yr. of Equity or Fixed Income Trade settlement resolution and fail monitoring or custody side trade processing/ trade monitoring
- Preferred System experience: GTM, CSM, ALERT, CTM, SWIFT and Bloomberg.
- Exceptionally technology-oriented with the ability to learn applications quickly; will consider candidates with programming backgrounds as that would be a plus.
- Bachelor's degree with a Business-related major, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Highly self-driven sense of motivation
- Naturally curious and passionate
- Strong accuracy aptitude and detail orientation
- Strong verbal written and interpersonal communication skills