Principal Architect, Cloud Transformation
Who we are looking for
This is a hands-on Solutions Architect role based in the Boston area, in the Enterprise Architecture and Cloud Technology Organization. This is a position within State Street that will be directly supporting the State Street Cloud Technology Transformation.
Enterprise Architecture is aligned to support the technology needs of each major divisions which supports corporate systems, money management, research, and asset management for mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), managed accounts, alternative investments and insurance. With over $2.5 trillion in assets under management, SAMS is the 3rd largest provider of index funds and the 7th largest provider of money market funds and 5th largest ETF provider.
This architect will be responsible for working with the Cloud Technology team in being a Change agent to assist BU teams to adopt multi hybrid cloud strategies across their portfolios; Solution architecture; Align with Cloud Engg / COE team to drive improvements and optimization for scaled adoption; Foster greenfield development on our public cloud landing zones to drive agility, leverage scale and new innovations; Brownfield migration strategies to drive value as applicable.
This hands on role requires a highly motivated and experienced Architect/senior developer with pride of ownership reflected through clean architecture design, code quality and a disciplined software development approach. The candidate will be expected to do both some programming as well as design and architecture. What you will be responsible for
As Principal Architect you will
What we value
- Bring -big picture- thinking and vision and work with others to design and develop next phase of applications and initiatives to meet fast growing business demands
- Candidate will have started as a developer and transitioned into an architect role
- Create product and technology designs to help determine future state architectural vision and modernization efforts to meet business goals and growth projections
- Provide architectural guidance to teams in an effort to build scalable and maintainable solutions, adhere to a technology road map, and minimize technical debt
- Participates in product development activities such as architecture, design, prototyping, implementation and review
- Help lead a transformation of existing products through a scalable cloud native transformation
- Work with peers to build designs supporting accelerated paths for new products to market
- Support business and development process using Lean Architecture and Agile methodologies
- Aid product teams in design reviews to ensure the architecture is scalable and consistent with overall architectural vision
- Comfortable in leading and empowering development teams with understanding of DevOps automation and Continuous Integration
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience designing and building large Cloud and/or Distributed high scalability software particularly distributed, strong knowledge of integration design patterns and 12 Factor app
- Prior Asset management experience or financial experience is a must
- At least 10 years' experience participating in the software development lifecycle leveraging the latest methodologies and industry applicable technologies, fluent in C# or Java
- Strong API and RESTful web services development experience, JSON, XML
- Experience or knowledge with Cloud and designing applications that can run in a cloud environment such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Experience or knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Prior experience designing analytics solutions and building workflows
- Experience in design of service-oriented architectures including microservices and self-contained systems
- The ability to work in a collaborative and fast past agile environment to evangelize best practices and clean architectures
- Strong understanding of industry standards and best practices such as SOLID and other design principles
- Experience in system decomposition practices is preferred
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with technology compliance standards such as Soc-2, PCI, OWASP is a plus
- Strong ability to design, code and debug applications in various software languages.
- Proven record of delivering technology solutions within agreed upon time frames
- Experience with regulatory and compliance solution and information security
- Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Why this role is important to us
- Bachelor's Degree in Information management, Computer Science, and/or other professional certifications are a plus
- At least 10 years' experience architecting and integrating 3 rd party internal and SaaS applications developed in .NET, C#, Angular, ReactJSJava
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers