Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Who we are looking for
The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible to ensure that the practices, processes and tools are in place to improve stability and the functionality of each application. This team will ensure the highest level of quality and success in support of technical issues, DR testing, and hardware/software updates. The SRE is expected to implement DevOps practices and automate the release process and develop scripts to automate the manual processes. As a Site Reliability Engineer for our technology teams, you will have the opportunity to build and maintain complex applications and also maintain vendor applications from development and risk perspective. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation.
You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Site Reliability Engineer you will:
What we value
- Collaborate across Application Development, Product and production management to establish and maintain Service Level Objective (SLO), Service Level Indicator (SLI) and Error
- Implement required telemetry and observability to monitor and measure the quality of service in real-time against the established SLO.
- Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
- Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
- Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Strong focus on automation and processes. Design, implement, improve and utilize key monitoring tools. Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
- Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
- Expertise in Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and tools
- Manage, track and validate all changes to the Production, Disaster Recovery environment
- Assist in priority incidents to quickly eliminate impacts
- Escalate issues/Risks effectively when necessary across supporting framework
- Ability to align IT service offerings with business strategies, goals, and objectives
- Troubleshoot Key technical issues or escalate and work with appropriate technology teams to provide solutions.
- Aggressively respond to service requests from Client facing support
- Application, business, and infrastructure experience essential, this should cover Networks, Open Systems, Database, DB2, amongst others.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage and networks)
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Expert in performance monitoring and capacity management of large systems using various tools
- Deep level expertise in instrumentation, customization and usage of modern monitoring toolset such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Grafana, Prometheus, ThousandEyes, Splunk, Geneos etc.
- Expert in at least one technology stack (Java/J2EE/C#.NET) with designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- Exposure to Python and willing to be learn and be Expert in Python Technology for Creating Application Health Dashboards, Machine Learning Projects
- Expert in at least one of the relational database (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 etc.)
- Working knowledge of Groovy, Batch scripting, Ansible, PowerShell or Shell Scripting
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components like routers, load balancers and networks
- Comfortable working in Agile mode and proficient in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design methodologies
- Bachelor's degree, Business focused Master's or other advanced degree preferred or equivalent industry experience
- 7 years of financial services experience with a large financial services firm or advisory/consulting firm including experience as an internal auditor and or public accountant
Why this role is important to us
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Ability to think and act in an inclusive manner
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers