Personal Banker, Shrewsbury MA
Share this job
Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
- Savings Plans
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
- Family Support
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
- Additional Perks
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
- Work/Life Balance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
Job Description Req ID: 2002816 Personal Banker, Shrewsbury MA - 2002816 Description
The Sr. Specialist, Personal Banker serves as the primary branch resource for sales opportunities, new product account openings and referrals and is responsible for developing and maintaining business customer relationships. S/he will identify the short and long term financial needs of both consumer and business customers by utilizing a needs and consultative based approach. Responsibilities
- Evaluates and determines the financial needs of each customer, matches this to the appropriate Santander product or service and delivers the product or service in a manner which satisfies the customer
- Expands and retains customer relationships, actively cross sells and resolves customer problems quickly and efficiently under the direction of the Branch Manager
- S/he meets all goals and actively participates in all sales activities in the Branch
- Helps with escalated service issues
- Maintains accurate sales records and regularly reviews sales results with Branch Manager and prepares an action plan taking appropriate steps to meet/exceed sales objectives
- Promotes and cross sells products and services based on customer need: guiding and directing customers in the selection of products, effectively utilizing sales, customer profiling and customer service skills to make significant contributions towards meeting individual and branch goals; refer customers to business partners when applicable
- Serves as the primary branch resource for sales opportunities, new product account openings and referrals, actively selling Bank products and services.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years in same or similar role
- Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to operate independently in a fluid, dynamic high growth oriented environment and embrace change
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues
- Proficient financial skill set
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstration of poise, composure and confidence in front of clients and Bank senior management
- Strong listening and customer service skills
- Strong understanding of financial products and services
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Accurately identifies resource requirements to solve basic problems
- Communicates clearly and precisely
- Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify understanding
- Knows who the organization’s key customers and competitors are
- Has basic understanding of financial services industry and how organizations operate
- Learns about and diligently follows established risk management policies, processes and procedures
- Learns new methods and procedures or modifies them to meet new standards
- Is positive about new approaches and methods resulting from change
- Maintains professional behavior at all times in representing the company
- Does all routine work accurately and on-time; is aware of own impact on others
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries
- Takes responsibility for issues and, with assistance, works to find a solution
- Works effectively in team settings
- Shows appreciation for others' help and lends a hand when needed to complete shared tasks
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Job : Relationship Management Primary Location : Massachusetts-Shrewsbury-50 Boston Turnpike Road - 00717 - Shrewsbury-White City - Branch Other Locations : United States Organization : Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Sep 25, 2020, 9:37:09 PM
Share this job Work in Town of Shrewsbury
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Learn about roles in consumer & business banking
Personal Banking Representative
Mortgage Development Officer
Customer Service Representative
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs RELATED CONTENT
Consumer & Business Banking Careers | Branch Manager
- Consumer and Business Banking Careers at Santander
Explore Consumer and Business Banking at Santander.
- About Santander Universities
Learn how Santander Universities makes a positive impact on society.
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the “” poster and supplement and the
to view the California Privacy Notice. Need assistance? Contact