Senior Mechanical Deisgn Engineer Walpole/en-US/professional/job/Walpole/Senior-Mechanical-Deisgn-Engineer_JR6059378/apply Job Description
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
As the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will become a key contributor to a small, but versatile team of engineers responsible for the design, analysis, manufacture, installation, and support of marine propulsion equipment for naval applications.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
Were at the forefront of innovation and experience in the Marine sector, and our product portfolio ranges from standalone products to complex integrated systems including ship design. A leading provider of propulsion and handling solutions for the maritime offshore, merchant and naval markets, we have more than 4,000 customers, with 70 naval forces and over 30,000 commercial vessels using our equipment.
- Design and Analysis of propellers, propeller blades, waterjets, and other marine propulsion devices to achieve high performance designs
- Responsible for the mechanical design, and structural/hydraulic/dynamic evaluation of complete marine propulsion systems and components
- This individual will coordinate with foundry, blade machining production, and quality/inspection to facilitate the production, validation, and disposition of any non-conformances
- This individual will support all assigned programs to conduct critical calculations and analyses supporting formal reports and customer deliverables
- This individual will also support in creating 3D models and drawings in CREO. Implements GD&T Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing in the drawings in accordance the Mil standards
- Infrequent travel domestically to customer, environmental test laboratories, or other RR North America sites
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Associates Degree in Naval Architecture/Ocean Engineering/Mechanical Engineering with 4+ years experience in Design activities OR;
- Bachelors Degree in Naval Architecture/Ocean Engineering/Mechanical Engineering with 2+ years of experience in Design activities OR;
- Masters degree in Naval Architecture/Ocean Engineering/Mechanical Engineering with 0 years of experience in Design activities OR;
- JD/PhD with 0+ years experience in Design Activities
- Experience with 3D CAD tools and experience with structural Finite Element Analysis tools
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Programming in Matlab / Simulink
- Experience with PTC CREO Parametric & Simulation, for design and structural analysis
- Familiarity with production manufacturing processes including metal casting, numerically controlled machining, CMM (Co-ordinate measuring machine) and laser tracker inspection
- Experience with design, production, operation, and/or repair of machinery and equipment for shipboard use
- Composites material knowledge
- Prior experience with mechanical design/analysis, familiarity with reading/interpretation of detailed engineering drawings and tolerance specifications in accordance with ANSI Y14.5
Pioneer an ocean of power. Join us and youll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Were committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful well be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy .
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Closing date: 25th February 2020 Job Category
Component Engineering Posting Date
06 Mar 2020; 00:03Posted 4 Days AgoFull timeJR6059378
Rolls-Royce pioneers cutting-edge technologies that deliver the cleanest, safest and most competitive solutions to our planets vital power needs.