Data Engineer Associate - Cyber Analytics
- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 14 Nov 18
Data Engineer Associate - Cyber Analytics
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's 55,000 employees, located in 1,200 offices across 43 countries, serve clients including corporations, governments and individuals. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, a strong team ethic and giving back to our communities. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Division & Department Profile
The mission of the global Enterprise Technology & Risk (ETR) division is to provide a highly reliable and commercial technology platform, which supports the Firm's strategy, delivered by an innovative, world-class team of professionals. Technology & Information Risk (TIR) is part of the ETR organization and manages operational and technology related risks on behalf of the Firm. TIR's mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology and Data understands how to manage escalate and monitor risk. The mission of the Cybersecurity organization within TIR is to identify and protect Firm assets through proactively assessing threats and vulnerabilities and detecting events, and ensuring resiliency through agile response and recovery.
With Cybersecurity, Morgan Stanley's state-of-the-art Fusion Center (Fusion) is charged with understanding, detecting, and responding to cyber events, vulnerabilities and incidents that threaten the Firm's clients, assets, and reputation. Partnering with key stakeholders across Enterprise Technology & Risk and the Business Units, Fusion manages cyber events from detection through response to resolution, and serves as the Firm's focal point for cyber communications and reporting. Fusing together information received externally from our partners and internally from our detection and analytics teams to enable rapid decision-making, Fusion is the cornerstone of the Firm's agile and adaptive cyber defence strategy, enabling rapid realignment of our defensive capabilities to adapt to changing adversary threats.
The Cyber Analytics team plays a critical role in the Fusion Center's ability of to detect and respond to threats against the Firm. The team is responsible for developing and delivering a suite of advanced monitoring capabilities to enable real-time threat detection delivered directly to incident response teams, as well as the incident response workflows and tools used by incident responders. The team is also responsible for the content and technology of the Fusion Ops Wall, an array of large high-resolution displays that provides situational awareness and real-time visualization of the Firm's technology assets, applications, and security controls designed to allow cyber teams to quickly detect any evidence of anomalous activity.
Role Description/ Primary Responsibilities
The Cyber Analytics team is seeking a data engineer to collaborate with other developers and end users in an agile environment to develop state-of-the art detection and response capabilities to counter cybersecurity threats, including:
- Discover and correlate data from disparate sources to report on and analyze computer and network activity
- Engage with end users and other developers to define requirements
- Collaborate with other developers on technical design of data discovery method and components
- Automate data collection and delivery
- Prepare data for use in analytics
- Implement data transformations
- Work in on-premise and cloud environments
- 3+ years of data engineering experience with a demonstrable portfolio of achievement
- Experience with Splunk, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana), relational databases or NoSQL databases
- Unix scripting
- Computer networking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with other developers and end users to craft end-to-end solutions
- Passionate interest in data analytics and cybersecurity
- Positive attitude and enthusiastic desire to learn new technologies and expand professional skills
- Experience working on a globally distributed team