An industry leading American Investment Bank in Baltimore is looking to hire a VP of Fraud Operational Risk to their Operational Risk Team.
An industry leading American Investment Bank in Baltimore is looking to hire a VP of Fraud Operational Risk to their Operational Risk Team. This bank is currently experiencing a time of high growth and is looking to bring on a senior leader to be heavily involved in building out their fraud risk framework for their new digital consumer lending platform. The bank is actively working to build out a new consumer business and is looking for someone with experience covering fraud from an operational risk perspective to be a key player in this transformation.
In this role, the VP will report to the Head of Fraud ORM and will be responsible for helping them build out the Operational Risk frameworks that cover fraud risk to help mitigate 1st and 3rd party fraud. This person will also be tasked with developing and managing fraud risk across the bank's institutional clients.
- Work with leadership to develop from scratch a Fraud ORM framework for their new digital banking business
- Be responsible for oversight of fraud risks, including account takeover, identity theft, new account fraud and first party fraud for both the online and offline channels
- Collaborate and challenge 1st line on implemented controls
- Communicate with senior leaders on fraud to effectively support the ORM build out
- Proactively challenge fraud identification, prevention and detection
- Carry out reviews and risk and control assessments
- 8+ years of experience in financial services and fraud
- Strong knowledge of fraud threats, fraud technology, wealth management, and banking
- Strong experience with risk process and controls/assessment skills
- Excellent communication skills
- BA/BS is required