The Development Manager will lead a team of programmers/analysts focusing on developing and delivering custom built solutions for the Polk Automotive Solutions team. This position requires strong organization, communication, technical and leadership skills. Automotive and digital marketing knowledge is a plus. Job Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Lead a team of programmer and analyst resources across the U.S. and India
- Collaborate with Sales and Product Owners to define requirements and ensure Customer expectations are met
- Assist in designing innovative solutions to help deliver on Product and Sales growth targets
- Manage workload priorities to ensure deliverables are created and shipped on time and defect free
- Establish processes and procedures to ensure deliverables meet a high level of quality
- Work with Development, Data Operations, Application Support, Infrastructure, and other cross-functional groups to support development and maintenance projects
- Manage resources and timelines to support large organization initiatives, like Project Bladerunner
- Develop and manage standardized metrics to report out status of team
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Business or Technical Major
- 2+ years Automotive experience preferred
- 4+ years either leading technical teams or being in a technical role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working directly with clients and vendors
- Experience writing SQL
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate others and foster teamwork
- Marketing experience is a plus
- Project Management experience is a plus
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.