Director - Information Management and Strategy
Responsible to develop and implement a cohesive information / data management and strategy across AWM for traditional and cloud solutions.
Work closely with key stakeholders to identify develop and execute a roadmap for data acquisition and curation for the AWM data lake in compliance with all legal and compliance requirements.
Work directly with senior business leaders to develop strategies and execute transformational change within the respective organization; many initiatives are cross functional and require leadership of cross-organizational resources to effect change. Responsibilities
- Data Strategy for the AWM business segment: responsible for information management and strategy for the AWM business segment, identification of stakeholders and creating processes to support implementation of the strategy.
- Partner with business, technology and external consultants or vendors to identify baseline activities and opportunities to improve current state and transform process through change initiatives that result in improved business economics (through revenue enhancement or expense reduction).
- Coordinate with other stakeholders across the enterprise to drive business transformation towards becoming a more data-driven organization and supporting democratization of data efforts.
- Gather extensive data to perform multiple analysis; develop data-driven conclusions and present facts and recommendations on improvement opportunities.
- Lead large scale projects of cross functional teams in developing implementation approaches, performing validation of hypothesis throughout the project initiative; drive execution of the effort throughout the affected business areas to optimize data usage and storage. Ensure alignment of performance standards, business drivers and processes across and within business units.
- Develop overall project plan for the identified initiative, ensuring stakeholder agreement on overall objective, key deliverables and timetable for completion. Execute and deliver on approved initiative, measuring progress and reporting status to stakeholders throughout the project.
- Work collaboratively with technology, legal, procurement and other staff or business partners to bring successful resolution and alignment to cross-functional issues that may arise.
- Coach and support business/staff executives and their organizations to align stakeholders to identified goals and mission. Influence organizational adoption of business improvement methods or processes.
- Lead a small team of data and business analysts to operationalize the AWM Data Lake and partner closely with Data Enablement technology team to enhance existing and develop new capabilities in support of analytic initiatives.
- 7+ years business strategy and project management experience.
- Ability to demonstrate capability in developing project plans and driving initiatives to successful conclusions.
- Strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively and appropriately influence decision makers.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to develop presentation materials and deliver to large groups and senior leadership.
- Strong focus on driving results including ability to resolve roadblocks and influence others to ensure the work progresses.
- Master's Degree in Business, Analytics, Finance, MIS or related field.
- Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Depth of experience in business process modeling and organizational design.
- Demonstrated incorporation of a metric-driven approach to initiatives.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and data analysis capability; experience in developing data driven conclusions and recommendations.
- Experience with AGILE methodology.