Director - Product Owner
The Director - Product Owner for Learning and Development is responsible for partnering with key stakeholders to define goals, success criteria and measurable outcomes for delivering ongoing value related to Learning and Development capabilities. Prioritize programs of work for Agile teams and identify new opportunities for the business. Collaborate effectively with key leaders and partner organizations to deliver business solutions that drive Learning and Development outcomes. Responsibilities
- Lead a team to create strategies/recommendations for new product and/or enhancements to existing products based on research and analysis to identify advisor needs, marketplace opportunities and competitive gaps.
- Create compelling product vision. Develop and execute product roadmap with a focus on measurable business outcomes for Learning and Development capabilities. Represent the product teams with the business, bringing product expertise and product vision.
- Collaborate with key leaders and partner organizations to deliver outcomes. Evaluate the desirability and feasibility of new technologies to determine fit as part of the suite of Learning and Development tools.
- Lead large internal and external vendor/partner relationships including negotiation of agreements, management of service level agreements, ongoing issue resolution.
- Provide effective leadership to direct reports incorporating performance management practices through individual performance plans, periodic reviews and feedback sessions, coaching and development.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to influence and collaborate with or lead across the organization and at all levels to drive results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills using data to identify trends and issues and potential ways to solve the issue.
- Experience as product manager of software based solutions or project management of the delivery of software based solutions
- Project management experience
- People leadership experience.
About Our Company
- Proven experience in managing priorities, strategies, relationships.
- Experience with Jira and other tools to support agile methodology.
- Experience with setting technology strategy in alignment with business priorities.
- Experience working in a leadership capacity directing the outcomes of staff in an Agile structure.
- Executive communication skills verbal and written and the ability to communicate complex technical information in simpler terms.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.