Middle Office Specialist - Settlements
Liaison between Columbia and Threadneedle internal departments and external brokers and custodians to complete daily responsibilities. Which include confirmation of all Columbia Management and Threadneedle executed transactions, onboarding of new accounts and other related duties. Responsibilities
- Contact brokers or review electronic trade matching to ensure domestic and international trades are matched on key trade information. Instruct the custodians timely to ensure settlement. Manually instruct on derivatives and currency transactions as needed. Review failed or unmatched trade reports to minimize risk to the Operations Department. Onboard new accounts and countries by working with the custodians to ensure paperwork is complete and countries are open for us trade foreign trades and FXs. Partner with legal, custodians, and portfolio management team to track and completed required requests. Provide testing of systems, generate ad-hoc reports and assist in miscellaneous projects, as needed, for enhancements or regulatory requirements. Manage relationships with Brokers, Custodians and traders to ensure professional working relationships. Identify trends of failed trades to reduce risk for missing or incorrect instructions, or system limitations.
- 1+ year relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance or equivalent working experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the securities market and the trade settlement process.
- Working knowledge of the investment process, including Compliance, Accounting, and Administration.
- Ability to communicate clearly via phone and emails to resolve problems.
About Our Company
- The ideal candidate will possess solid technical skills, the ability to work in a team environment, and a high attention to detail. The ability to work under pressure, meet daily deadlines, multitask, prioritize and communicate technical information to internal/external sources are also strongly preferred characteristics.
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.