Under guidance from product owners and business architecture resources, provide general project support to product and project teams and participate within defined scope and responsibility. Partner with assigned teams and departments to develop, manage, track and report work progress on projects as defined. Responsibilities
- Administer and coordinate technology products and projects under guidance from product owners, business architects and project managers. Coordinate project meeting agendas, minutes, tracking action items and follow-ups. Document and maintain detailed plans that encompass resource plans, goals, roles and processes to clarify scope, schedule and budget and track milestones, utilize the company's project management system(s). Assist with training logistics and maintain overall project documentation. Support one or more projects with overall budgets ranging up to $10MM.
- Support project managers in maintaining project financials. Support the processing of any and all invoices related to OPC or labor costs. Partner with product owners and project managers on forecasting, risks and issues management logging and resolutions. Work with the team to create and maintain a project plan containing objectives, time line, priorities and risks - this includes ensuring that resource plans, milestones, etc. are documented maintained using the designated tool-set.
- Manage multiple activities within a project or set of projects within the company's project delivery framework and utilize company/industry standard project management methodologies and tools. Accountable for coordinating project communication and escalation of critical issues to the project managers. Provide solutions to identified issues under the guidance of product owners and project managers. Post-implementation results monitoring and adjustment.
- Use appropriate tools, document overall objectives and key deliverables for the project; track key measures of success. Maintain comprehensive plans that incorporate deliverables, accountabilities, resource plans, time lines and interdependencies, utilize company's project management system for maintaining/tracking project plan and status. Coordinate with project managers on regular status reporting on project status to project sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Partner with product owners and project managers to coordinate and analyze (for reasonability and consistency) project estimates that include resource requirements, time line and key milestones and financial budget. Identify project risks and develop risk mitigation plans that include identification, assessment, and contingency management. Incorporate change control to the overall project plan to document and track risks. Facilitate required distribution and/or archival of project documentation.
- Continually improve project skills via on the job learning and best practices from prior projects, training and peer learning. Develop and maintain expertise in applicable technologies and identify and pursue areas for development and training that will enhance job performance.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1-3 years relevant experience in a similar support role.
- Knowledge of company/industry project management methodologies and tools that incorporate Capability Maturity Model (CMMI) methods.
- Experience using MS Office applications, knowledge of project management tools.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; comfortable speaking to organizational leaders and SMEs regarding projects.
- Posses an innovative, problem-solving mind set with experience in developing reports and summaries.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
About Our Company
- Bachelors degree focus in Business or related field preferred,
- Certifications preferred: CAPM, PMP
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Familiarity with technology project management methodology and best practices.
- Familiarity with agile methodology and Jira.
- Experience with journey mapping.
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.