Senior Financial Analyst
What is the opportunity?
Join RBC, one of Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal's 2019 Best Places to Work and "tell the story" by analyzing financial results for our Private Client Group (PCG)'s executive field leadership team. Plan, communicate, report, analyze and integrate highly visible and strategically critical projects. Forecast monthly financials of business line results, including identifying abnormal income statement items, determining causes of variances, and investigating underlying business practices driving financial results to identify risks and opportunities regarding achievements of budgeted results. Because you will be a finance partner with daily interaction with our leadership team, you will need strong financial/business analyst skills and experience, and the maturity and confidence to interact with corporate executives and present your view point through supporting data, metrics and other business indicators. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Interpret financial results
- Compile and analyze financial and strategic plans
- Recommend changes in business practices to improve business line profitability
- Develop and implement analytical models and reports to interpret financial results and identify risks and opportunities to successfully execute business plans
- Present recommendations regarding the financial plans of the business
- Continuously improve the processes and products associated with these plans
- Provide in-depth ad hoc analyses on complex financial issues and business opportunities
- Interpret market data and analyze industry and competitive data
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with 5 or more years of progressive analytical experience with financial services industry knowledge and experience
- Experience in the annual planning process as well as knowledge of financial analysis methodologies and cash flow
- Knowledge of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Strong PC spreadsheet skills and Macros (Excel) as well as database skills (Access)
- Experience with Hyperion / Essbase
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients' first choice
- Collaboration: We win as One RBC
- Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
- Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust
WMUS2019 About RBC
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.