Ameriprise Financial has an exciting opportunity for Senior Financial Analyst role! The position would provide financial support to Ameriprise advisor platforms' leadership through planning, forecasting, and monthly actuals analysis. This role will work directly with the business and various finance partners to drive growth and improve profitability through decision support analysis. Conduct business performance analysis, incorporate trend analysis to assess business implications. Focus on analyzing and managing data to support business decisions. Use critical thinking and continuous improvement to independently build, maintain and modify models used in forecasting, planning and decision support. Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include creating routine reporting and variance analysis, develop "the story" around monthly results and write resulting commentary. Perform independent analysis using multiple data sources to derive root cause and track benefits.
- Develop, improve and run forecasting/planning models and perform variance analysis.
- Independently develop simple to complex models to forecast the future implication of business decisions. Independently perform postmortem analysis of impact of past business decisions.
- Coherently review forecasts and analyses with management. Review CBAs (Cost Benefit Analysis) and identify issues to be resolved prior to approval.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4-years) in a Financial/Quantitative field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience in financial or analytical role.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to complete financial modeling tasks and financial analysis using spreadsheets and/or other tools.
- Experience applying accounting and financial concepts to interpret and solve business problems.
- Able to create outputs that support decisions.
- Effective communication skills, with ability to verbally present findings to management.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of finance, accounting and analytical skills.
About Our Company
- Experience in building relationships that influence and establish credibility across an organization- to business partners, A&R, other finance areas, etc..
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.