Senior Product Manager - Advisory Platform Management
The Senior Product Manager role will be part of the Advisory Platform Management team and will play a key role in the recruiting and on-boarding of our Experienced Advisor Recruits (EAR) within the Ameriprise Financial Institutions Group (AFIG) channel. This role will partner closely with AFIG Field Leadership, Recruiters, and the Investment Research Team (IRG) teams focused on continuing to grow the business through building a best-in-class EAR on-boarding and retention process that focuses on highlighting the Ameriprise value proposition. In addition, this role will also be responsible for understanding the administration / rules of daily product management activities for Advisory programs and will work with internal, cross-organizational teams and third-party partners to design and lead this new process. Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Lead the implementation and development of a new AFIG EAR on-boarding and retention process that focuses on highlighting the Ameriprise value proposition for newly recruited advisors
• Work closely with our AFIG Field Leadership and Recruiting teams to understand the end-to-end recruiting and on-boarding process and identify opportunities to improve the overall experience of on-boarding and retaining advisors
• Analyze medium to large data sets to determine an asset mapping strategy and/or recommend courses of action by incorporating company and industry knowledge, mathematical and technological expertise, and sound analytical processes to support an enhanced experience for advisors and their clients as they transition to Ameriprise.
• Successfully grow and manage relationships within the organization, cross organizationally and with third-party partners
• Perform regular reviews of policies, procedures and reports created for monitoring product management offerings that may impact the AFIG recruiting and on-boarding process
• Lead complex and non-routine operational issues to resolution with internal/external partners
• Identify and recommend changes to policies, procedures, and reporting Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, business or equivalent
• 7+ years' experience in Financial Services industry, preferably product management or product development
• Strong understanding of the competitive landscape (e.g. broker dealers in the independent, wirehouse, regional space etc.)
• Investment analysis acumen with the ability to make strategic recommendations based on investment objectives.
• Strong data analysis skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.)
o Ability to synthesize large data sets into smaller consumable messaging
o Ability to use data to help develop and bring to life the Ameriprise value proposition
• Ability to present and influence leaders across multiple levels
• Self-starter and problem solver
• Relationship builder with strong collaboration skills
• Ability to think strategically, while being able to implement tactical plans
• Active Series 7 or ability to obtain within 120 days Preferred Qualifications
• Advanced degrees or financial services certifications
• Ameriprise Field/Advisor experience or familiarity with the financial services industry
• Medium to in-depth knowledge of the Ameriprise Advisory Solutions (Managed Accounts) platform
• Good understanding of the AFIG EAR recruiting and on-boarding process
• Ameriprise Service and Operational process knowledge of the Advisory Solutions platform
• Basic to proficient skill level in using Microsoft Office (Excel) for data analytics
• Proficient knowledge and familiarity with Ameriprise Brokerage applications About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.