Vice President, Digital Front-End Engineering
Ameriprise Interactive Marketing is looking for an experienced leader to lead the Consumer Facing Digital Front-End Engineering team. This team is responsible for all aspects of FE Engineering related to and including the management of a large team of FE engineers that work across 20+ consumer facing digital products. You will be responsible for setting a vision around our engineering practices, DevOps initiatives and leading our digital transformation journey into becoming a top tier engineering culture. The successful candidate will have a history of hiring and developing strong engineering leaders, set a vision for our transformation efforts and drive results.
In this role, you will build on a culture of diversity, curiosity, openness, accountability and most of all, a one team approach to construct and evangelize the big picture across a number of initiatives, including how Ameriprise will continue modernizing our engineering practices, deliver compelling products that our prospects and clients want to use and become a destination for top talent.
You will have the opportunity to flex your technical chops and work with leaders in your organization to establish architectural principles, identify cutting-edge technologies and patterns, and increase the talent density on this already strong team. You will work with your peers and Industry leaders to adapt, advance and evangelize our Front-End Engineering practices.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor when considering your next career. Flexible work arrangements can be discussed through the interview process. If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities
- Build and develop a highly effective technical organization with the required skills and structure to meet current and future business needs. Drive quality, efficiency, and energy through effective hiring, mentoring, career planning, talent management, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Employ technical, market, and industry expertise to influence business strategy based on technology needs/vision (ideate and demonstrate how technology can support and drive the organization). Translate business needs and strategy into short and long-term technology strategies. Drive said strategies by providing vision, leadership, and innovation to application development teams.
- Lead the annual budget and financial planning process for assigned organization and portfolio of technical assets that includes, but is not limited to cost/benefit estimates on proposed projects, prioritization of projects, and investment decisions based on return on investment, criticality, and business strategy/need. Manage various application development and business unit budgets while ensuring that the business maximizes value from dollars expended on projects, applications, and infrastructure
- Develop and drive a resource modeling strategy to effectively balance the use of employees, contractors, and vendor partners to maximize efficiency, technical capability, cost, and quality of the organization and its technical assets. Address talent challenges by modifying said strategy, as needed. Proactively collaborate with procurement to execute and analyze resource strategy. Partner with vendors to drive quality and contract compliance while participating in the negotiation process, as needed.
- acumen to translate technical details into business terms and vice versa, assuring mutual understanding and agreement of technology objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies. Foster strong working relationships across the organization and within technology to drive application development strategy and goals.
- Provide oversight of application development activities, ensuring schedule, scope, cost, and system performance targets/goals are met. Act as a single technology point of contact for business partners. Escalate, address, and communicate issues, as appropriate, with technology and business leaders to achieve timely resolution. Address and communicate impact of production incidents to ensure root cause is determined and permanent solutions are documented and implemented.
- Be a change agent. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry advances and developments to be incorporated into and improve the application development life cycle, technology function, and business capabilities. Institutionalize SDLC and quality practices to drive efficiency and standards within the organization. Champion and contribute to continuous improvement best practices through rigorous gap analysis and solution ideation and implementation to increase effectiveness of the development organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 6-8+ years of people leadership experience, including success in leading technical teams and executing technical projects in a quality management framework.
- 5+ years of proven experience and success in short- and long-term strategy planning and execution.
- 3-5+ years of experience and proven success in developing/supporting large volume transaction systems for trading, money movement, as well as web solutions.
- 3-5+ years of experience in astutely managing the financial planning and budgeting process.
- Experience participating in the financial planning process (departmental and/or project).
- Highly effective communication skills that includes the ability to deliver technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in delivering technical solutions through both vendor (on- and off-shore) and employee resources.
- Proven success in the design/delivery of complex, best-in-class enterprise-level software applications.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Thought leader and change agent on optimizing technology solutions and organizations to deliver best-in-class, easy-to-use applications and systems
- with high availability, response times and data accuracy.
- Proven innovator and strategist with excellent leadership and communication skills.
- **FINRA registration requirements may vary based on function supported.**