Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
The Shared Components and Security Solutions (SCSS) BizOps Enable team is seeking a Director, BizOps Enable to lead a team of DevOps Engineers. The team mission is to build our CI/CD pipelines and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
As an individual contributor:
-- Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
-- Are you a CI/CD geek who loves all things automation?
-- Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
As a manager:
-- Are you good at constantly pushing for change?
-- Do you have a strong understanding of DevOps practices and how to translate them into realistic plans?
-- Do you excel at juggling multiple projects at once and clearly defining priorities and next steps for your team?
-- Can you create strong working relationships with stakeholders across multiple disciplines including development, quality engineering, program owners, and operations?
Mastercard is seeking a Director with experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef. Experience leading teams to design and implement effective and efficient CI/CD flows that get code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is required. Candidates with deeper experience in Chef are desired.
The Business Operations Enable teams are leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
Understand the following technical responsibilities of the team to a degree that you can effectively direct the architecture and implementation of the following tasks:
- Design, implement, and enhance our deployment automation based on Chef. We need proven experience writing chef recipes/cookbooks as well as designing and implementing an overall Chef based release and deployment process.
- Use Jenkins to orchestrate builds as well as link to Sonar, Chef, Maven, Artifactory, etc. to build out the CI/CD pipeline.
- Support deployments of code into multiple lower environments. Supporting current processes needed with an emphasis on automating everything as soon as possible.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
-- Managing the team workload (and/or working with team scrum master) to ensure all team members are engaged in valuable work while maintaining a sustainable pace.
-- Performance management including frequent 1x1's, yearly performance reviews for all employees, and managing low performers as needed.
-- Hiring new team members (both Mastercard regular employees and contractors)
-- This is highly distributed team so experience working as a remote employee and/or managing remote employees is necessary. Current team members work in U.S., Brazil, and Ireland.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- We need leaders with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
- Experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef. Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is required.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.