Director, Technical Program Management-3
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Director, Technical Program Management-3
The Director, Technical Program Management will report to the VP, O&T Market Enablement. The O&T Market Enablement organization is responsible for the architecture, design, scope, and planning of the foundational technology stack platform that will support deployment of new capabilities into relevant markets. This team will work across all parts of the company including Product, Strategic Program Management, Delivery, and Market Deployment, among others to deliver on their goals. The primary objective of this team will be to ensure the appropriate technology capabilities are in place to support various market readiness scenarios. The ideal candidate for this role will have strong skills and experience in managing end to end delivery of engineering work through the engineering team and all dependent organizations. They will also need to be high skilled in operating between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery.
• Manage the lifecycle for a complex cross functional body of work that has a long term positive impact on the company
• Define and organize the program, outline tenets, analyze data, drive performance improvements, and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution
• Influence dependent organization's roadmaps by contributing to their planning documents and goal setting exercises
• Work across scrum teams and across organizations to deliver on a single product, a key technology area or more broadly, managing larger initiatives that span organizations and geographies in support of a larger cross-cutting business goal
• Drive mindful discussion with business and technical stakeholders that lead to timely decisions
• Collaborate with customers and technology teams to determine what projects move forward in what priority order
• Make smart trade-off decisions balancing efforts, delivery timelines, features, and technical constraints
• Identify and remove blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations
• Create plans that have a clear path to delivery
• Help your teams organize for delivery while maintaining resources for the greater good of the organization
• Excellent communicator and are comfortable communicating to all levels of the organization both in writing and in person
• Articulate progress against goals, scorecard metrics, and committed roadmaps
• Active participant in the community sharing your Mastercard program management knowledge within your organization and more broadly presenting at both internal and external events
• Work across organizations for ways to align teams, technologies (i.e. the infrastructure used to build/deploy/operate services), and organizations to simple coherent approaches that optimize organizational structures and operating mechanisms
All About You
Demonstrate ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy
• Experience and proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), microservice design, near real-time, scalable fault tolerant platform design, API design, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model
• Experience with XP, TDD and BDD in the software development processes
• Extensive experience delivering technical programs so you know where to look to find all the potential landmines
• Proven track record of data driven decision making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across teams
• Comprehensive experience in agile delivery methodologies (scrum, Kanban, etc.) and CI/CD
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Demonstrate experience building organizational relationships, partnering with and influencing executive leadership while commanding the respect of the individual engineers across the organization
• Demonstrate an understanding of our performance and leadership bar and effectively applies it to hiring decisions
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.