Manager - SOX
- Charlotte, NC, USA Charlotte NC US
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
Manager - SOX
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
As a publicly-held company, management must assess the company's internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) in order to comply with various regulatory regimes: Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX), SEC regulations and the Model Audit Rule (MAR) requirements. This position will be responsible for initiatives supporting the assessment of internal controls, according to COSO (Committee of Sponsoring Organization) framework.
This position will support the enterprise in activities related to ICFR compliance. In addition, this position will also be responsible for activities performed within the Financial Controls Department (FCD) in relation to enterprise compliance efforts and internal control initiatives. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Primary lead for finance system and IT control deficiency assessment and management of third-party vendor Service Organization Control Report (SOC/SSAE18) reviews
- Plan and manage initiatives within FCD and other risk functions
- Execute planning activities including scoping and coverage determination, as well as risk assessment exercises for SOX and MAR processes
- Manage and execute Brighthouse Financial SOX and MAR scoping and compliance
- Monitor quarterly Process Owner attestations for issues that arise and analyze results for program impact
- Evaluate results of control testing
- Perform quarterly deficiency analysis; prepare monthly issues report
- Support Management (Process/control owners) for maintenance of SOX documentation/control rationalization; provide oversight of SOX compliance
- Perform monthly scorecard analytics of changes in SOX processes, controls, issues and action plans; monitoring of open issues and action plans with Internal Audit partners
- Prepare and validate various reporting package for use by both internal (senior management, Internal Audit) and external (regulators, auditors) customers
- Manage other compliance/reporting initiatives
- Partner effectively with management, internal audit, external audit and other risk partners
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum 5-7 years with progressive experience in auditing, internal controls, or financial operations/reporting
- Strong financial operations business knowledge or experience
- Working knowledge of PCAOB (Public Company Accounting Oversight Board) , SOX, MAR
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals of all levels of the corporate structure
- Ability to obtain support from various teams and Lines of Business without direct authority
- Demonstrated experience leading critical initiatives, including project development, identifying needed resources and key milestones, and effectively monitoring progress to conclusion
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results by working independently
- Demonstrated ability to lead work teams and coordinate activities with risk management partners
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office programs, as well as Outlook
- Experience with GRC (Governance Risk Compliance) or other monitoring tool a plus
- Graduate or undergraduate degree/major in accounting or related financial field
- CPA or equivalent with 2-5 years experience in public accounting preferred.
The Financial Controls Department (FCD) is part of the Chief Accounting organization with primary responsibility for ICFR compliance initiatives and provides governance for the SOX and MAR compliance programs. FCD supports management with quarterly assertions and maintaining accurate documentation.