Software Engineering Director-Private Wealth Management
Job Description : Job Description
Provides oversight for projects and/or segments of large programs for various lines of business. Breadth of responsibility includes financial and business project requirements as well as the day-to-day management of teammates. Manages a multi-disciplinary team that includes business analysts, project managers, architects, and/or developers. Understands and translates business needs into project and team objectives. Assists business leaders in understanding IT processes and restrictions. Monitors progress of the team relative to established objectives and priorities. Manages performance and provides coaching as needed. Ensures that projects are delivered according to EIS policies and procedures. Works closely with senior leaders within IT and in the assigned line of business. Aligns appropriate support teams to ensure EIS performance by demanding a strict performance-based measurement process for teammates. Organizes, plans, and manages projects. Partners with others within IT and the business on the execution of delivery projects from conception through implementation. Makes judgments about priorities and the team's approach to work based on an understanding of how the team contributes to the achievement of broader objectives. Adapts plans to meet service and/or operational challenges. Identifies and resolves technical, operational, risk management, and organizational challenges. Has full management responsibilities for teammates: hiring, disciplinary, coaching, terminating, performance reviews. Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree and 8 years of experience managing complex IT projects or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in project management/delivery.
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and implement best practices to improve products, processes, or services.
- Knowledge of technology structures that incorporate variable staffing evolving platforms, cost and value arbitrage value propositions.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering and operations.
- Broad view of how industry and technology changes impact technology and client experience through digital channels.
- Strong business acumen and domain expertise in the assigned portfolio.
- Ability to lead projects of significant complexity and risk exposure.
- Ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges in the context of business objectives and priorities.
- Ability to influence and negotiate to enable agreement on scope, cost, and schedules.
- Ability to manage a team, including identifying and recruiting talent, managing performance, and making decisions about resource allocation.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, Master's degree or MBA, and 10 years of experience managing complex IT projects.
- Banking or financial services experience.
- PMP certification.
On February 7, 2019, it was announced that SunTrust Banks, Inc. and BB&T Corporation intend to merge, with the combined entity to be named Truist Financial Corporation ("Truist"). The merger is subject to regulatory approval, and BB&T and SunTrust remain separate and independent companies until the merger closes. This position, which would be for a role with Truist or an affiliate, is contingent upon the merger receiving regulatory approval and closing
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf