2021 Americas Technology Advance Sophomore Summer Analyst Program in Raleigh
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Change the face of banking. Influence tomorrow. Think differently. Think globally. Welcome every background and every perspective. Join networks that celebrate the individual. Perform in a culture based on diversity and inclusion. Be represented and valued. Wherever you work in the world, be your true self.
The Technology Sophomore Summer Internship Program provides hardworking college sophomores with first-hand experience in the financial services industry. The program offers outstanding sophomores the opportunity to participate in a 10-week summer internship program at Credit Suisse in Raleigh, North Carolina. The Bank believes that bringing together a class of diverse participants, including individuals from traditionally underrepresented ethnic/racial backgrounds (African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, Hawaiian or Pacific Islander), LGBTQ , among others, will enrich the Program. Students who efficiently complete the program may be eligible for a junior year internship program offer. Participants are selected based on their academic quality, leadership ability, and interest in financial services.
In the Technology program, you will attend a one-day company orientation followed by two days of training and then start work in your group for the summer, receiving further training while on the job. Your learning experience will continue through the summer speaker series, where you'll hear from senior representatives across the divisions. To help you determine your strengths and plan your career, Summer Analysts are matched with mentors within Information Technology, who provide advice and mentorship throughout the summer. You will also participate in networking events and firm-wide events that will help ensure that you are exposed to all the areas within the bank and understand the big picture of a global investment bank. You will be tasked with an end of summer presentation for senior management to help expand your knowledge and develop presentation skills. The summer is structured to have a balance of work, social events and networking opportunities.
Our international reach and U.S. regional breadth offers rare opportunities to execute transactions from conception to close, which differentiates Credit Suisse from our competitors.
- A one-day company orientation followed by one week of training
- Continued learning and development through specific desk placements, where you'll receive further training
- A summer speaker series, where you'll hear from senior employees across the divisions
- Guidance from an assigned mentor, who will help you discover your strengths and plan your career
- Social, community service, and networking events that will connect you with individuals across the firm, ensuring that you are exposed to all the areas and understand the big picture of a global investment bank.
- Students who successfully complete the summer internship program will be eligible to receive a $5,000 scholarship and may be invited back for a junior year internship.
Committed to Innovation
In the digital age, our clients expect us to deliver banking services in innovative ways. Our Technology teams play a vital role in designing and building the tools and systems that respond to clients' changing needs. Credit Suisse requires first-class technology to operate efficiently and effectively, and relies on thousands of the best technology people to carry it forward. Always looking towards the future, the Technology division is focused on 6 themes:
- Data Science & Analytics
- Cyber Security
- Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence & Robotics
- Innovation & Automation
To be eligible for this opportunity, you should be in your sophomore year at a four-year college or university (graduating in December 2022 or May/June 2023). Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of our employees, and seeks Interns with a common set of abilities - highly motivated and creative individuals who have confirmed academic achievement, and have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. We’ll be looking at factors such as your academic background, extra-curricular activities, demonstrated abilities, as well as your potential to add to our community. We seek to build future leaders who add fresh opinions to our business.
What We’re Looking For
- A hardworking self-starter who achieves significant results in a time sensitive environment
- You are a critical problem solver with excellent analytical skills
- A motivating and adaptable team member who can build enduring relationships, exhibits dedication, and assumes responsibility
- You possess the ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- A strong communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- Principled and committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
- Strong interest in the financial sector
- You have excellent PC skills and a sophisticated knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Please apply via our career portal. Applicants should include a cover letter, resume, and college transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable).
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.