- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Credit Suisse -
- 22 Mär 19
Big Data Engineer # 123427
A Big Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts in Finance Data hub In the Product Control IT department in Credit Suisse. The team consists of Data engineers, Data Scientists and Data Visualization specialists across NY, Raleigh, Wroclaw, Singapore and Pune. We follow Agile methodologies and use Scrum for project deliveries.
Responsibilities for Big Data Engineer:
- You will build and maintain optimal data flows from various Finance applications.
- You will craft large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Sqoop, file based and Kafka.
- You will support Data Scientists and Data Visualization teams in their day-to-day work on a variety of topics, including tools and data analysis techniques.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and find opportunities for improvement.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have 7-10 years of industry experience.
- You have advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- You have proven work experience of at least 4 years as a Big Data Engineer using Big Data technologies and Cloudera Hadoop components such as HDFS, Sentry, HBase.
- Hands on experience with Hadoop based analytical solutions, as well as practical skills in building data processing pipelines using Spark, Scala, Python, Sqoop or similar tools.
- You have deep understanding of Dev ops and Agile software development methodologies.
- Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Computer Science or related discipline, or comparable industry experience
For more information visit Technology Careers .