Financial Analyst - Global Credit Product Controller # 108922
Product Controllers are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. We fulfill this role by:
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis
- The independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios
- Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner
- Provisioning of reliable and meaningful financial information to the business managers, external business partners and other relevant internal constituents
Individuals are responsible for the analysis and advisory aspects of Product Control's primary role which is the financial guardianship of the Bank's sales and trading activities, advising and independently challenging key business partners on accounting and valuation matters impacting the financial statements, including daily profit & loss and balance sheet movements. They are also responsible for the development and improvement of strategic systems and implementation and continuous improvement at a local level in terms of process and EUCs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within Product Control you would be joining the Global Credit Products Finance Team that covers one of the largest, most accomplished credit franchises in the industry. This position offers an opportunity to develop expertise in financial planning, forecasting and cost management, and to play an important role in executing key strategic initiatives and projects for the Global Credit Products division, reporting to the GCP Business Finance Officer within CFO. The role provides opportunities to work with senior Front Office and Finance stakeholders in London and New York and will encompass a mix of analysis, project management, reporting and strategy.
Other responsibilities may include:
- You will be providing a daily revenue flash and performance to forecasts to senior GCP management
- Finalizing financial performance measurements and reports used in weekly/monthly financial reviews with the GCP business head
- Producing central reporting of projections to GM Finance of Revenues and Expenses by Legal Entity
- Forming ad hoc reports including commentaries for Global Markets management and Investor Relations
- Partnering with and assisting the GCP Management team on all presentations (ExCo's, Townhalls, etc.)
- You will be assisting the Finance and COO teams in developing an expense optimization strategy and tracking performance against this
- Co-collaborating with the front office on their forward-looking resource projections (BCBS, RWA, Liquidity) and be able to explain the impact of these on financial performance
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Product Controllers are highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They also possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to develop relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues.
In addition, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally, you are a recent graduate or have up to two years' experience in financial services, preferably within a major Investment Bank or financial institution
- You should possess advanced PowerPoint/Excel skills, very strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have a strong numerical / accountancy literacy, background possibly from an engineering or complex process background
- You are able to work in fast pace environment (specifically in turning around deliverables)
- You are a team player, who can work across diverse teams in multiple locations and understand regional complexities
- You should be a self-starter, who also works well within a team and is able to be dynamic and implement process changes