Legal Entity Controller # 107723
Group Finance is within the CFO division area of Shared Services. We have experienced staff in all major international locations to support and collaborate with our business partners.
Our vision is to be recognized as a best-in-class group finance organization in the financial services industry, renowned for the value and high quality of our information, advice, services and people.
Accuracy and Transparency: Meeting regulatory and financial reporting requirements stipulated by the Bank and external bodies accurately and on time
Accountability and Control: Delivering independent financial control and playing an influential role in the Bank's overall governance process.
Information and Advice: Making valuable contributions, high quality information and advice to support the business in decision-making.
Developing the Organization: Comprised of a high quality, motivated and diverse team.
Optimizing the Use of the Bank's Resources: Deriving efficiency through our long term view for organization, processes and systems.
- Work in the group finance department for Credit Suisse Holdings (Americas) Inc. which is the parent company of all significant US entities.
- Focus on preparation of disclosures and reporting of significant financial data to the global consolidation team in Zurich.
- Represent department in new business initiatives with close collaboration with front office and other support areas.
- Contribute to the preparation of detailed monthly analytics with commentary, for communication to management.
- Prepare and review financial information under both US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) Reporting.
- Be given the rare opportunity to learn in detail about various products and processes in the Investment Bank, including SLB/Repos, Guarantees and Commitments, and Trading inventory.
- Have the chance to work with various teams in a truly global environment, including Product Control, Operations, Tax, IT, Auditors and Front Office.
- Assist in review, implementation, and testing of the firm's Financial System Initiative projects to improve data quality and efficiency throughout the bank.
- Be control-oriented and have an ability to effectively collaborate with both internal and external auditors as required.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- You have a BA or higher in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA preferred with 1-3 years of experience in accounting function.
- Your auditing experience in a recognized firm will be preferred.
- You have solid analytic and problem solving skills.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, including ability to comfortably present to senior management.
- You have the ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships with a variety of departments across the organization including senior management within Financial Accounting.
- Do you have the ability to show initiative with a solid desire to learn, and to multi-task while meeting tight deadlines?
- Do you have the ability to work in a team and independently?
- Are you proficient in Microsoft Office applications?
- Peoplesoft and Essbase knowledge is preferable.