Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an Interaction Designer to join our user-centric design team. If you love the challenge of coordinating and creating complex workflows and turning these user journeys into amazing high-fidelity interactive prototypes keep reading. About us:
Our team is responsible for connecting Buyside, Sell side, and Issuers throughout the entire lifecycle of deals across all asset classes. Our suite of solutions simplifies primary deal management with structured, easily consumable data. We are disrupting the traditional market workflow; it has become cumbersome and prone to error with multiple parties involved with multiple deals running simultaneously. We are the driving force for continual innovation and improving our suite of enterprise financial web applications. We are serious. We are fun. We have dogs and we love food. About you:
You have a passion for pixel-perfect inclusive user experiences for modern enterprise applications in the financial services industry. You want to use that passion to participate in structuring and conducting user research and then translating research insights into user flows, wireframes and prototypes. You'll be working closely with an interdisciplinary team of other designers, engineers, product leaders and stakeholders to understand business strategies and user needs, and to transform these into usable design solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to become a critical part of a fast growing, global organization, at what is arguably the most exciting time in the rapid evolution of our company. Responsibilities:
- Identify design problems and create elegant solutions
- Design user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Take a user-centered approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Create effective, professional UI designs
- Participate in the design and execution of user research studies
- Work with and contribute to organization's Design System
- Collaborate across design, engineering, and product teams within an Agile environment
- Keep up to date with modern trends and industry best practices
- 3+ years of experience creating digital products and web apps
- Strong critical and design thinking skills
- Prior experience with responsive design and mobile applications
- Basic understanding of and working with complex data
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HTML, CSS, and rich web applications
- Proficient with design tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, etc...
- The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and modern interaction design
- Be a lifelong learner and have a strong sense of curiosity
- URL to a personal portfolio
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.