Apple Engineer (Sr. Specialist, Infrastructure Engineer)
Technology Services Group (TSG) keeps BNY Mellon's technology running and defines and executes the firm's technology strategy, positioning us for tomorrow. From the computers and collaboration tools of our employees to modernized infrastructure platforms and core services, we ensure that the firm's systems are running optimally while enabling business innovation and productivity. We also oversee BNY Mellon's architecture and data, guiding the firm through technology changes necessary to execute business strategies.
Workplace Technology is the end user strategy engineering and deployment team for the company. We engineer solutions on desktops, mobile devices, and technology in office buildings including hardware operating systems, browsers, application packaging and productivity chat and collaboration products. The Role
We are seeking an Apple Engineer. You will work closely with their peers to re-design and engineer the existing Apple Mac desktop ecosystem while also including work on Bank-owned and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) smartphones.
Our Mobile team enables and empowers users to remain connected and productive on-the-go. By providing solutions that enable users to get work done anywhere, we ensure BNY Mellon can deliver a first-class client experience. Key Responsibilities:
- Engineer responsible for Mobile Device and Mac OS Desktops with Jamf and Intune integration
- Provide a secure, yet robust platform for users to maintain productivity while minimizing risk of cyber exposure
- Document solutions to ensure proper knowledge sharing and production support
- Provide tier 3 level support for production issues and escalations
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred .
8-10 years of related experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Key areas of expertise will be security, Software distribution, device policy management, and automation.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to efficiently multi-task. Ideal candidates have a strong focus on the Mobile and Mac services, and a style that builds trust and inspires loyalty. The candidate should be motivated, proactive, be able to learn and adapt quickly
- Minimum 5 years hands-on working with Mobile and Desktop OS technologies, including Apple iOS, Apple MacOS, and Android
- Experience in Supporting mobile and desktop devices using JAMF and Intune
- Strong understanding of platform security, permissions, and DLP controls
- VPN and remote connectivity/configuration knowledge Preferred:
- Experience with Mobile MDM Solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Office Mobile suite
- Working knowledge of Samsung KNOX
Subject matter expert in at least one of the tools/technologies used in the space.Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Utilizes standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Utilizes standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.Manages the processes for ensuring that all systems/applications/software/hardware are compliant with Corporate policy/procedures.Monitors project plans and budgets.Contributes to developing and monitoring the organization's technology architecture and future technology vision. Develops reports in conjunction with the Fellow Architect which demonstrate business opportunities and road map strategies that add business value. Drafts proposals on infrastructure architecture needs for M&A activity, and supports the creation of executive summaries.This person is a subject matter expert in at least one of the tools/techologies used in the space.Consults and advises application development groups on solution architecture design,monitoring implementation; recommending solutions based on BNYM and industry best practices.Acts as the lead for major incident resolution.Drives strategy to increase automation across the organization.C ontributes to the achievement of team objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred8-10 years of related experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.