Associate / VP
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Unigestion is a boutique asset manager with the scale to deliver global tailor-made investment solutions for thoughtful investors. Our core values – integrity, independence, excellence and guidance – are at the heart of everything we do. We are responsible for managing some US$25.9 bn in client assets across our four areas of expertise: equity, multi asset investing, private equity and alternatives. We believe that risk management is an enduring driver of long-term investment performance, and we therefore apply a risk lens to all our strategies.
The person hired will be working within the Private Equity investment line. This team manages around US$7 bn and includes 54 dedicated people.
- Build a strong network of contacts within the North American private equity market, interacting with multiple stakeholders (private equity managers, intermediaries, other limited partners, etc.)
- Screen the North American private equity market for primary investment opportunities (i.e. investments in private equity funds).
- Gain access to the best North American private equity funds, as well as the lesser-known “off the beaten track” funds
- Support the sourcing of direct and secondary opportunities, leveraging relationships in North America
- Execute all stages of due diligence on investment opportunities (management team meetings, strategy and track record analysis, portfolio company analysis, reference checks, legal due diligence, etc.)
- Develop investment recommendations to be presented to the Private Equity Investment Committee.
- Support due diligence for selected direct and secondary transactions, including but not limited to referencing, modelling and preparation of documentation
- Monitor selected portfolio funds post-investment (attend annual meetings, attend ad hoc update meetings, write fund monitoring reports, contribute to quarterly reports on investment and exit activity, etc.)
- Represent Unigestion on various limited partner advisory committees
- Research and report on specific sub-sectors / regions of the North American private equity market
- Participate in marketing / client service activities on an ad hoc basis
- Attend and actively participate in conferences (e.g. as a panel participant)
- Participate in broader team discussions on all private equity investments presented by other investment team members
- University degree from leading institution
- Between five and ten years of combined experience in private equity, investment banking, management consulting and/or investing
- Specifically, more than three years’ experience in North American private equity fund investing
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Must enjoy traveling
- Strong spoken and written English
- Self-starter, with an ability to work with people across multiple offices
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Skilful at producing precise, organised and accurate work
- Highly motivated and enjoys challenges
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of values and ethics
Immediately, or as convenient.
Please send your applications via email at firstname.lastname@example.org