Software Engineer in Test
As a Senior Software Engineer with the Fixed Income team, you will participate in a fast paced Agile development team, building SaaS financial web applications. Your main responsibilities will be to design, develop, and implement applications for software solutions that scale across hundreds of servers as well as learn and leverage the current methodologies and technologies, including Scrum and BDD. What you'll work on:
What we look for:
- Engineer solutions using server side Java and Angular.
- Implement Cloud based development practices with AWS Lambda, ECS, Fargate, RDS, and CloudWatch.
- Develops and executes unit and integration automation tests
- Works with developers and product owners closely to review application changes
- Able to quickly learn new technology and business areas and to apply these to new projects and products within the Fixed Income business/technology arena
What will help you:
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Able to deal effectively with internal and external staff, vendors, clients
- Proficiency in Java and Angular coding practices
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to advocate quality initiatives and best practices including test automation, Continuous Integration, and Sprint Doneness within an Agile Development environment
- Strong understanding of technologies and frameworks such as IntelliJ, XML, SOAP, and JSON
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred but not required
- 8 or more years of software development
- Experience with SaaS, Financial, web, or cloud applications
- Experience with Atlassian or similar toolsets on an Agile project is a plus.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.