VP - Sr. Specialist, Test Automation Developer
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- BNY Mellon
- 20 Nov 18
VP - Sr. Specialist, Test Automation Developer
- Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains automated scripts and manual regression test plans for a variety of interfaces. Develops automation frameworks consisting of functional libraries while adhering to coding standards.
- Schedules and conducts testing, submits testing errors and issues to development for correction, tests corrected code and tracks defects.
- Documents test progress and results. Prepares reports and presents results as needed.
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications.
- Assists in planning, scheduling and implementing automation projects. Monitors automation projects and ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Performs evaluation of products and systems and determines candidates for automation.
- Serves as team liaison to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Analyzes scripts and performs code reviews of automated scripts. Reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Provides updates on automation progress and custom reporting as requested.
- Uses automated Quality Assurance systems to facilitate daily activities.
- Fulfills load testing requests and sets up appropriate load testing monitors on servers. Executes and analyzes load tests, and reports to product team members.
- Develops automation strategies that will enhance test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of regression testing.
- Provides training and technical assistance to members of the automation team. May assist with training on software enhancements. May cross-train and mentor less experienced QA team members.
- Keeps abreast of software industry "Best Practices" and trends and communicates new information to QA team.
- Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development and/or Automation required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Proficient in Java with solid knowledge of common frameworks.
- Strong object-oriented instincts.
- Background in both SOAP and REST based services.
- Familiar with TestNG.
- Understanding of JVM, its limitations, garbage collection, etc..
- Excellent knowledge of automated QA systems.
- Excellent knowledge of performance test systems.
- Understanding of complex Investments and business process lifecycle (e.g., the lifecycle of a investments...origination, participation, servicing, delinquency, portfolio, reporting, etc.) would be a strong benefit.
- Familiarity with Object Orientated Design and Analysis.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform in an AGILE environment.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Excellent knowledge of software testing lifecycle.
- Able to review system and functional requirements and extract data to use in preparing automated test plans and scripts.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple and complex projects.
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Able to define highly complex automated test cases and scenarios.
- Coding skills as required by automation tools utilized.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 1811769