- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 15 Feb 19
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Vice President within Operations Engineering; Goldman Sachs Services LLC in Jersey City, NJ.
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Duties:
- Engaged in analysis of business user requirements, technical design, development, testing and implementation of software packages
- Work with business users to elicit/understand business requirements and deliver quality software solutions
- Deliver the technical solution using Java, Sybase, Hibernate, Spring, Scripting tools, and other technologies
- Leverage resources within and outside the team as necessary
- Build relationships and work effectively with business clients and other teams in multiple regions
- Maintain the software products post-production implementation for any issues identified
- Manage projects defined by business unit and provide leadership and guidance to junior developers
- Maintain a focus on quality, attention to detail, communication, and delivery to tight timescales
- Bachelor's degree (US or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related field
- Seven (7) years of experience in the job offered or a related role
- Must have seven (7) years of experience with computer programming
- Must have five (5) years of experience with: writing relational database SQL queries and analyzing database internals to optimize Sybase stored procedures; and Core Java Must have three (3) years of experience with: DB2
- Must have two (2) years of experience with Hibernate, Spring , and Webservices
- Must have one (1) year of experience with: Autosys-Scheduling; Corporation Actions Domain, i.e. experience with the processing lifecycle of an asset servicing event; Shell or Groovy Scripting; executing projects throughout the software development lifecycle; Build Tools, such as Maven; and Linux or Unix
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.