Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Followthe team's standards to create and manage an automated DevOps releasemanagement pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation applicationdevelopment efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops).Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
- Collaboratewith DevOps engineers and Cloud architect to support development teams with afull set of DevOps ALM tools by leading the establishment of the right toolingand processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipelineto include: the automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts,deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (totarget developers).
- Partnerwith development and operations teams to facilitate practical automationsolutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and wenrequired engage the resources to find practical solutions that move projectsforward in a timely manner.
- Bea trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providingobjective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Delivertasks based on project objectives; technically support projects through tocompletion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframesand are consistently of high-quality, documented and support transition ofoperational activities
- C ollect and format the data required forestablished KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected businessoutcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in engineering or related
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Azure PaaS andIaaS hosting services including Azure storage services, web app serviceenvironments, KeyVault, API management and AppInsights/Monitor
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Gitor similar development repositories
- Experience troubleshooting complexissues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Experience with instrumentation,monitoring, alerting, and responding relative to performance and availabilityof applications
- Experience with containerorchestration solutions, Kubernetes preferred
- Experience with automation forenvironment tasks through PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Experience with MongoDB hosting,configuration and administration
- Working knowledge of relatedtechnologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls,proxy services, LAN/WAN connectivity
- Intermediate level workingknowledge of software development life cycle, test driven development,continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Intermediate level workingknowledge of high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems andhybrid cloud environments
- Experience operating andsupporting mission-critical applications (e.g. incident and outage management)
- Passionate for makingthings better and driving action with a sense of urgency
- Creative and innovative,taking a thorough, design-driven approach
- Experience problem solvingissues on globally distributed systems and critical product serviceenvironments
- Knows what is possibleusing latest networking, infrastructure, database, and application technologiesto driving automation and reliability improvements
- Brings new thinking tochallenge existing technology and processes
- Excellent at buildingrelationships across teams
- Strong sense ofaccountability and ownership
- Desire to understand ourbusinesses and users
- Understanding of theconcepts and principles behind DevOps, SRE, CICD, Agile, Lean, etc.
- Use ofDevOps tools to deliver and operate end-user services a plus (e.g., Chef, NewRelic, Puppet, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Disclaimer:
Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: DE19USAGTS004JD1738