Commodity Index Production Analyst
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. What's the Role?
Bloomberg Indices is seeking a highly motivated and driven Index Manager responsible for our Multi-Asset (Commodity, FX, and Crypto) index production. Our Bloomberg Index business is in a growth stage and it is an exciting time to join the team to take our business to the next level! Index Production Analysts are knowledgeable in one or more index products and apply their subject matter expertise to produce and deliver timely, accurate, and comprehensive index data to our clients for asset management. To do so they leverage their operational, finance, and technology skills to manage the daily calculation, quality control and dissemination of the index products and to innovate products and processes to support the index business.
You will be working with various internal groups in engineering, data, business, and sales, to set direction for and support Bloomberg Multi-Asset indices on the system. Bloomberg's new state-of-the-art index infrastructure will scale to thousands of indices, incorporate complex index methodologies, and aspires to operate in an automated fashion. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Maintaining indices in accordance with Bloomberg's methodologies to ensure the correct application of index rules, quality control and data remediation to ensure the integrity of the index
- Perform index rebalance for core benchmark families (i.e. Bloomberg Commodity Index, UBS Bloomberg Commodity Constant Maturity Index, Bloomberg Dollar Index).
- Monitor daily production processes for the acquisition and quality control of all input data required for the indices
- Providing superior customer service for operational inquiries both internally and externally
- Conduct root cause, impact, and risk analysis for incidents in preparation for problem management review with product, legal, and compliance teams
- Manage a variety of projects related to new index development, product maintenance and product support
- Create and maintain documentation such as index publications, fact sheets, and operational playbooks
- Work with both our clients and internal partners in response to index data related queries, while communicating product vision and building consensus among our senior leadership team
- Work closely with colleagues in Engineering to develop workflows, quality assurance processes and product improvements
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the index product offering
We'd love to see:
- 2+ years of financial experience, with a preference in commodities and or indexing, but not required.
- A strong academic background in one of analytical and or technical degrees including, but not limited to: Finance, Business, Math, or Statistics
- Demonstrated commitment to enhancing and developing products / processes
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas along with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with engineering, data, sales, product and support
- Consistent track record of being self-driven and "get-it-done" attitude
If this sounds like you:
- Master's Degree and / or MBA, CFA charter
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience using Python, SQL & VBA
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional .
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.