European Localization Team Leader
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In our Global Data department, we're responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it so our clients can make informed decisions from a global perspective. We then take this perspective and bring data solutions to local markets. We solve for the problems of tomorrow.
The Localization Team is responsible for providing translations from English to 11 target languages. We work with stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Engineering, News, BI and Global Data. We not only deliver localized content to our stakeholders, but we also assist them in building workflows that make the management of language assets more efficient. We deliver content not only on the terminal but also on the website, pdf documents and multi-media formats including subtitling and voice-over for video content.
What's the role?
The Global Data European Localization team is looking for a highly motivated and driven Team Leader to cover the translation, collaboration and data processes that cater to our European Language speaking clients. You will be directly responsible for managing, motivating, and developing a team with strong subject matter expertise, technical skills and strategic development. You will also be working with our business partners across Bloomberg to develop new opportunities for collaboration. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Hire, coach and develop analysts to establish a strong performing team
- Ensure consistency and quality while delivering excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Participate in the development of our product vision, managing strategic initiatives to completion
- Identify and implement improvements to workflow and operational efficiencies
- Collaborate with Business Managers, Sales, and Engineering staff to support the development of our Localization product
Does this sound like you?
- Native level fluency in one of the 11 supported languages besides English (Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Russian, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese)
- Exhibited leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of financial markets
- Proven ability to drive projects to completion
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proven experience in building strong client relationships internally and externally
- Prior experience in mentorship and development of others
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and capable of handling multiple projects
- Ability to deliver clear and concise documentation that supports business requirements, use cases, and process improvement flow charts
- Drive to leverage experience and skills to improve processes
- Desire to build a team with diverse skill sets
- Skills that allow for the career pathing of analysts on the team
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.